jodan kits

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
It's been some time since I've built any of the Jordan kits: I think that the 1940s bus was my latest. It's a pretty nice kit, although the front wheels benefit from a little extra bracing. My favourite is the Model A, which is a real gem. I found that the 1940 sedan didn't fit together too well. Most of the kits go together quite well if you take your time and are sparing with the cement. I try to leave the bodies on mine separate from the chassis', so that I can add or remove figures as required. Some of the kits can be better assembled by deviating slightly from the order given in the instructions, although I'm unable to recall a specific example. The Mack trucks, both the dump and the stake versions, are a little bit fiddly to build, but you can easily modify them to have an enclosed cab. The same goes for the Packard stake truck. If you are building any of the wagons, it is useful to make the front axle assembly moveable so that you can pose the vehicle turning.
Here are some photos of a few that I have built.

Model T pickup
100_5915.jpg

Model A (the second vehicle is from Sylvan)
100_5528.jpg

REA delivery truck, with a couple of Model As in the background.
100_5526.jpg

Another Model A
TrainBrain146.jpg

An Essex, another Model A, and in the background, a Model AA bus
TrainBrain113.jpg

Model A pickup
100_5520.jpg

At the exreme right, another Essex (the others are from Sylvan)
100_5516.jpg

I've been trying to find a picture of the Model AA stake truck, or the oil truck version, to no avail. Either of these is a good starting point for modifying with a scratchbuilt body in the style of your choice.

Wayne

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
I was a little befuddle by your question, until I realized that camera has foreshortened the scene, making the loco appear massive in relation to the rest of the scene. The vehicle is right in front of the tower: just use the size of the tower door as a reference to the size of the vehicle. Perhaps this view puts it more in its proper perspective. It is a vey small vehicle.

100_5436.jpg

Wayne

joesho

Apr 29, 2006
surrey bc canada
i have 5 jordan kit the model t roadster the model t pickup th 1940 standard sedan the woody wagon (now a woody pickup) a delivery truck and a box delivery truck im working on a mack stake bed

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Wayne has given the best advice - they're kinda fiddly, so take your time, and go easy with the glue. One other piece of advice I would give is go easy when removing the flash - it is sometimes hard to tell where the flash ends and the part begins.

Andrew

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
If the compliment was meant for me, thanks, joesho. The BS&T is no more: it was torn down and mostly sold off, due to the owner moving to a smaller home. I'm not aware of a new layout in progress, but it would be worth waiting for. The BS&T was even more impressive in person than what you see on the internet or the article featured in RMC.

Wayne