Jan 18 Weekly Photo Fun

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Glen, you’ll find all the information on how I did the streets in this old post: http://forum.zealot.com/t117064/#post428313.

Deano, glad you like this picture. I used the depth of field software, I mentioned some weeks ago on the WPF, to create this shot. Beautiful new engine for the Rock Valley Sub – Big Ed must be thrilled...

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Wow! great photos everybody!:thumb:
Kurt...It is awesome to look down the length of your street and see it all in focus:eek:....sweet!
Deano...can't wait to see all the extras added:thumb:

photos413b.jpg

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Charlie, you had me goin' there for a minute: I thought that picture of the CNJ GP40PH-2 was a GP version of the SDP45, running long hood forward. wall1 I think that I'd better stick to steam locomotives. ;) :-D

Wayne

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Here's what I've been working on this weekend. The lead unit is a Proto 2000 E7-A and the trailing unit is an E6-B, also Proto 2000. Both were donations and needed some work. On the E6 the pickups in the front truck are whacked. The E7 had a bad lightboard and a broken gear. I repaired the E7 and wired the two units together. Being that both are powered they can pull a really long train, longer than I have space for.

P1010007-11.jpg

P1010009-7.jpg

FiatFan

Jul 16, 2004
When the local Critters went down for the count, a friendly neighbor loaned the town of Adobe Flats a couple of locos for a few days until the critters have been repaired. The local folks were rather surprised to see what was switching the local pet food plant.
IMG_2704.jpg

Tom

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Mark, THANKS!!:smilie: , i finally finished it around 12AM:thumb: .

KURT, THANK YOU!:smilie: , and your right, "Big Ed" IS real happy to get another engine on the sub:mrgreen: . you know the sub is ALWAYS in need of more motive power:winki: , since we only have a couple...er...a few...ok, tons of engines:eeki: , but we still need more:toug::119: .

STEVE, AWESOME PIC my friend:thumb::thumb: . i cant wait to see shots like that on your NEW layout:winki::thumb::mrgreen: .

Charlie, Franco & Trainswinnipeg, FANTASTIC PROTO SHOTS!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb: .

Chief Eagles, i am so drooling over your Big Boy:thumb::thumb::mrgreen: .

Jeffrey, NICE E units!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

FiatFan, SPECTACULAR SHOT!:thumb::thumb: (heres the part where i am going to get booed:eeki: )Its a BEAUTIFUL thing to see UP units roll into town:winki::thumb::mrgreen: .

:deano: -Deano

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Glen
Nice looking proto passenger train!

CNWMan
Cool locos!

Tom
That is quite a layout!

Wayne
Neat shots of the GE 80 tonners!

Ralph
Neat scene!

Kurt
Great looking scene and grade crossing!

Jeffery
Cool looking loco!

Deano
Nice looking UP unit!

Steve
Great shot!

Charlie
Great proto passenger shots! Are those cars former Great Northern in the first shot?

Franco
Interesting find!

Chief
Nice looking layout!

TrainsWinnipeg
Great snow shot!

Jeffery
Nice job on the locos!

Tom
Neat street running!

Charlie
Cool shot of the MV unit!

I have been trying to complete a few projects and never got around to get any photos so far. I will give a try later.

DeckRoid

Apr 28, 2007
Caldwell, ID
Waaay back in April of '07 I bought my first engine since 1978. It was this Bachmann Spectrum:

Here is the engine is all its glory as I was building my benchwork
8118.7.jpg

8118.8.jpg

I didn't have any notion of what I wanted to run on my less than finalized layout, but I knew a bargain when I saw it. When I decided upon Northern Pacific, I was thinking of selling this engine and buying a Tower 55 "What If" engine. Then someone on here talked about sending his stuff to another member for painting and what not.

Long story short-ish... jbaakko did a BEE YEEEW TEE FULL job on my engine. I can't thank him enough for this, and a couple of guys in my club took down his info... so, Josh, man... head's up. You might get s'more work from Idaho!

Without further delay, here is my NEWLY painted baby...

8118.1.jpg

8118.2.jpg

8118.3.jpg

George

DeckRoid

Apr 28, 2007
Caldwell, ID
And even more...

8118.4.jpg

8118.5.jpg

8118.6.jpg

I don't know if you can tell or not, but I am pretty excited about my 'new' engine and more than a little proud of it.

Josh, thank you ever so much.

George

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Here are some views of CNR 4-8-2 6060 on a charter trip in the mid-'70s, passing through Grimsby, Ontario, en route to Toronto. Note the clean stack - definitely not a photo run-by for railfans, just a loco going about its business.
CNR_6060_westbound_near_Grimsby_with_private_cars_-_mid-_70s_-_view_1.jpg

There's an F-unit tucked in behind the tender for insurance, and behind that an open-door baggage car, for the guys recording the stack talk. That "Southern" on the letterboard of the coach isn't a reference to southern Ontario, either. ;)
CNR_6060_westbound_near_Grimsby_with_private_cars_-_mid-_70s_-_view_2.jpg

And bringing up the markers on a fairly long train, what appear to be two ex-N&W cars from the Powhatan Arrow.
CNR_6060_westbound_near_Grimsby_with_private_cars_-_mid-_70s_-_view_3.jpg

Wayne

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Great Shots everyone!:thumb:

Today began the restoration of the Riverside Freight Depot, the first model structure my dad and I ever built, dating back to the age of the RRR I like to call "before the table" (when the layout was still on the ground and real modeling like doctorwayne's godly skils meant nothing to me then):eek:. When we were first done with it, having 'weathered' it and all, we thought we were pretty good. Here's a shot of how it looked 'then':
Picture_0476.JPG

That is Testor's oil paint on the stones there, and still shiny:eek: Note the faded paint and crappy wood paint, also with the same oil.:cry:

Now, here's the most recent shot:
Picture_0485.JPG

it looks ALOT better, doesn't it? Still needs a good bit of work, but at least it looks better than it has for the past 5 years. I'll post more about the RRR freight depot on my layout's thread:thumb: