It's Monday, weekend modeling accomplishments!

NYC-BKO

Yes it's Monday, another weekend had passed us by, did anyone get anything done?

I finished the RS-11, but the dang thing doesn't run as well as before, but I got some wheel wipers I'm taking off my flea market find to make it all wheel pick-up, that should solve it, funny thing though it didn't stall on frogs before -:confused:- , remember it's a Model Power unit -:eek:- have to have it MUed with something for now to get over the dead spots. I also reversed the trucks so the headlight would be in the long hood end, that might be why, and yes I forgot to reverse the leads to the motor and it ran opposite the others at first. -:eek:ops::curse:
Also got one of the P&LE Clamshell coil cars finished, new cushioned coupler boxes, KD #22 couplers, trucks w/36 metal wheels and some paint, it looks pretty good -:)
The Lightning Stripe F7-A didn't get any attention, and I looked over most of the flea market cars to see what needs done to them, more weekend projects.:cry::curse: -:cool:

Hope everyone had a great weekend! -:thumb:

interurban

Well you were busy Brian :D
Put me to shame so you do ;) Did a lot of copying of Traction track plans for ross, got to post them tomorrow.
Finished a Metcalf low relief building, got to plant that er tomorrow :rolleyes:
Problem is, tomorrow never seems to get here :( :thumb:

F

Fred_M

Brian, them model powers have always gave me fits esp. if the power truck is pushing. I got just a little done on the warehouse. Fred

Glen Haasdyk

Well I was going to build the shelf for my power pack and speaker, as well as work on the doodlebug but I got caught up in other projects on the workbench:
1) MDC 0-6-0t that I'm building up
2) repainting 4 MDC logging cars
3) I got some 1/87 german soldiers that someone in my MR club gave me to make into construction workers (the most frusterating project yet)
4) I painted my 1924 Nuhdin special, 1956 ford pickup, and some doors and windows.
5) Started body modifications to an MDC climax (lowered boiler, removed cab doors, ect)

They were alot of little jobs that in the end it seemed as though I didn't get anything done!

shaygetz

Built a gokart and a lawnmower...I did manage to get couplers on those cars like I planned but no weathering...then I stared reeeeeeeeeally hard at the Hudson. Funny, that didn't help get it together at all :rolleyes:

Ray Marinaccio

I got a little bit done on the U33B pilots. I posted a couple photos in the layout party thread.
http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=10226&page=3

My son and I got some more photos and did an evaluation of the N scale layout.
http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=10371&page=2

Photos
http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=10371&page=1&pp=15

Brian,
Once you get the extra pickups on that dual drive Model Power it should run a lot better. I agree with your evaluation of the motor. I have changed the motors in some of these drives (F7s) and it makes a world of difference.
I have also regeared some by replacing the double start worm with a single start worm. This changes the 9 to 1 ratio to an 18 to 1 ratio.
I have also regeared some by replacing both the worm and the large gear on the cluster gear to get a 20 to 1 ratio. This regear requires some machine work to remove the old gear from the cluster gear.

NYC-BKO

Ray, I doubt if I will regear it when the full rebuild comes but I am going to put a new motor in it, even though it's a 5 pole it has a high starting voltage, the only problem with the gearing is under load you get wheel spin easier but I have other engines that run about the same and they mu pretty well. Thanks for the info.:thumb:

Good Morning, Brian...

Instead of concentrating on FINISHING UP my 95% completed models, I just moved onto another one this weekend. I picked up a Tichy 10K tank car from eBay and had to figure out if it would be in MW service or line service. I created a scenario whereby a NJ-based solvent manufacturer, 'SolVit', leases tank cars from the Hudson Electric. Okay, so I have a tank car with both my RR herald and the chemical company name on the car. The upper 1/2 of the tank is silver, the lower 1/2 is black. Look sharp! Tonight I want to make a dent in the frame assembly. We'll see... :)

Russ :sleeping:

pdt

More like, "It's Monday, last two weeks modeling accomplishments" for me!:eek:ops:

Here are some images of the first of two Intermountain cylindrical kits I've been working on. These models are intended to match prototype hoppers seen in Bottineau, North Dakota in July/August 1991. Here's a link to my site showing some of the work so far:

http://www.geocities.com/norfolksouthernhinose/Botno.html

Here's the first pass at weathering, with more "layers" to come. Side view:

gtax20341a.jpg

Roster shot:

gtax20341b.jpg

Detail showing rust streaks and spilled grain in roofwalk (one of the layers in the process of being built up):

gtax20341c.jpg

Oops! How could I forget... Here's the link to the obligatory prototype photo, courtesy of the Fallen Flags site:

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/misc-g/gtax20331ak.jpg