Its Monday 6-12-06, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Since I actually got something done, and Tom hasn't started the thread yet, I thought I'd take this opportunity to tell you what I did... ;) :D

Managed to put together two (count 'em - 2!) 8000 gal Proto2000 tankers. They were the timesaver kits, so major subassemblies (most notably the underframe) is done for you out of the box. Took less than one hour each, with plenty of glue drying time.

So that's half of the job I owe in trade for some modular construction assistance (railwaybob - if you're reading this - I'll have the other two sometime soon... ;)).

Andrew

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
Built a bridge! Well, a 30 foot span, anyhow, and pretty much the only bridge on my layout. I also added proper Kadee #711 couplers and some more details (window glass, bell, some more weathering) to my 25-ton critter and gave it a test run.

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
06-11-06_2034.jpg

The bridge, from the north side.
06-11-06_2035.jpg

Same bridge, from the south. In retrospect it looks a little flimsy...
06-11-06_2033.jpg

The critter, with its new couplers and windows. I still need to add weight, somehow...

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Jetrock, neat shot of the bridge! I like the first one especially with the water tower in the background. It looks real.

I expanded my Cargill plant by creating a secondary elevator and silos out of pieces of 2X4 and plumbing couplings. I tried an experiment of wrapping dry wall tape in horizontal layers around the pieces to create a concrete look. Light gray spray paintgivs it a passable appearance. I'll take some pics soon when more is done.
Ralph

Tim K

Dec 30, 2005
Stoney Creek On. Canada
I had a prety productive weekend .

I finally finished laying the track in my industrial area of my layout .

I installed a reverse loop DCC module which works great plus I installed a computor key board table under the layout to get the controller off the top of the layout and out of site.

I also like the idea of sliding the controller out of the way when it is not in use it give the layout a cleaner look.

Tim K

C

Catt

I don't believe I got anything done I was planning to do.But I did break in the one new SD40-2 by KATO that I just picked up.

I also discovered that both of my new Intermountain PS2 hoppers have a truck that is hanging up on something (have the same prob with a Roundhouse tank car,common denominator here is all 3 have MT trucks).Oh well just need to find the time to fix (hopefully) them.

Other than that I puttered around with my Athearn HO scale SW1500 getting it ready for new paint and a few other changes.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Andrew, thanks for “filling in”

Vacations are fun but it is always nice to be home. We just spent a long weekend in Niagara Falls, Ontario. The trip was great fun and the kids loved the Falls. We saw the fireworks and the illuminated falls at night. On the way to the Falls we stopped at the Jell-O Museum in LeRoy, NY and the Medina Railroad Museum. The Medina Museum is a huge HO layout in an old NYC freight house. The layout is over 200 feet long and parts are still under construction. While at the Falls we visited Maid of the Mist, Cave of the Winds, Journey Behind the Falls, The Whirlpool Aero Car, Skylon Tower, and the Birds of the Lost Kingdom. The kids had a Sea Lion encounter at the Niagara Aquarium. I also meet up with Doctorwayne and CNnutbar who took us to a hobby shop in St. Catherines. My wife found a treasure trove of G-scale figures and animals and picked up about 30 items. We now have enough to start the farm house scene. On the way home we stopped in Lockport, NY and visited the Erie Canal, and the Lockport Cave.

We got in after midnight which was about 4 hours after we planned to. We got a late start leaving Niagara. We also hit some construction zones that slowed us down. The worse was above Quakertown on the Pennsylvania Turnpike Northeast Extension where we sat for close to an hour due to a crash in the work zone. Some moron plowed into 5 cars at the choke point including one of the contractor’s trucks with the floodlights and a PA State Trooper patrol car.

I have got a bunch of pictures to finish download and sort. Once everything is organized I’ll post them.

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
I didn't get any modeling done, but I did get to go to the Railroad Museum on New England and ride in the cab of their loco. I have a buch of pics that I need to beat down to size and post, but I figured I'd post this one for Jetrock.:D

Attachments

• naugy 25ton.jpg
    naugy 25ton.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 51

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
Excellent! Same model as my wee beastie, aside from the different cheery paintjob! I'm going down to the scrap yard this afternoon, maybe I can get a closer look and get a couple more shots!