It's Monday 3-21-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by TomPM, Mar 21, 2005.

1. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Another weekend is over. Where did the time go?

I worked on the Passenger Station Diorama. I got the coloring of the talus completed and the laying of the green turf. I updated the following topic with new pictures http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=9985&page=8&pp=15 .

I also finished the load of a Lehigh Valley hopper and reassembled a PRR hopper. I began working on my fantasy locomotive paint scheme. I took the shell off the frame of the U23B and masked the windows in the cab.
  2. ausien

ausien Active Member

Great work there tom, all I got done this weekend is layed some track and switches/points in the yard, and broke in some LL GP 20`s that Dick sent me, and do they run smoooooooth, realy pleased with them, thanks Dick for the trouble of getting them for me..and then all I did was run trains.. But I had a good one..steve
  3. trains1972

trains1972 Member

This weekend I got a couple of scenes from my layout finished. I put in the bridges and the final touches with the grasses and plant life plus some animals to complete the scene.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the other scene it is across the layout on the other side then the one from above.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. revandy

revandy Member

The continuing saga of cleaning and rearanging the work bench and ancillary area continues, how did I ever let things get this far out of hand? Also continued pulling up track.
    Rev. Andy
  5. seanm

seanm Member

Made the first run witha train around the newly created lower level of the TBA Railway. Did a bunch of wiring and aquired track and turnouts to complete the lower as well as the upper level. See this thread for complete details and lots of pictures.
  6. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Only Layout related things I did was to clean the shop.... again :D I worked on the upcoming Gauge e-mag :) and.......

I also "found" a set of wooden Window Blinds.... which was quickly taken apart by the LPB's and is now sitting and waiting for the next MF&W building project..... "Free" is always good.....even if it comes out of your neighbor's trash!! :D :D :D :D

It works out to be 1" wide by 1/8" thick by 100 Feet of "Board" in 1:20.3 that's about 2000 Feet of scale lumber :) :)
  7. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Well . . . . . managed to get the mainline in (well, the subroadbed and roadbed anyways) behind the intermodal terminal; finished off the backdrop at same; and installed the first section of plywood for the terminal level. Oh, and the supports for the next section.
  8. CBCNSfan

CBCNSfan Member

Well I'm still at the wood support, styrofoam, mud and plaster stage, I guess I will for a long while yet :D The bridge overpass go's to the coal mine and the underpass is the mainline exit to the staging loops. The other rockwork is where I'm trying make a boring wall look a bit interesting.
    Cheers Willis:wave:

Attached Files:

9. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

I spent the weekend working on my Marine Supply scratchbuild. Actually, I've been working on it all the past week on and off. :)

Val
  10. francismaximus

francismaximus Member

Nothing usefull but when the wife and inlaws went to the city I got to do some cool things and run the trains.:thumb:
  11. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

Saturday I went out of town with my wife and In-laws. Nothing train-wise done except for taking a few pictures of old brick buildings for future modeling reference. On the way back my father-in-law's truck died an hour out of town and I had to ride back in the tow truck so I could get the car and pick everyone up. It turned out to be a very long day.
    Sunday I felt pretty tired so I didn't do much execpt watch TV and paint one of my club's buildings.
  12. NYC-BKO

NYC-BKO Member

All that I got done was building an Accurail autorack ( these go together so nicely ) and a covered hopper. Ran trains very little, spring has sprung and there were priorities, as the weather was nice Sat., & Fri. waiting to see if I had to work Fri. & Sat., didn't want to get involved in anything if I had to work. There's always next weekend.-[​IMG]

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!- [​IMG]
  13. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

I am new to this forum but here is what I did this weekend. Installed a Soundtraxx decoder into my new 0-8-0 switcher and a decoder into my 0-6-0 switcher and changed the lights to yelglo white L.E.Ds
    more info here:
    http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=13686
  14. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Friday night i didn't get any sleep on account of having to be up at 4:00 am to make subs and was up all day saturday. Sunday i just sat around and did nothing but rest.

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone :wave:
  15. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Went to a train show Saturday.
    Made a little progress on the turntable project and tinkered with some of the new swap meet finds.
  16. emt49

emt49 Member

i spent some time in the local hobby shop and weatherd some well cars and put metal wheel sets on the well cars and did a lot of dreaming of running trains on my layout just need to buy track and put it down