Its Monday 2-27-06, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I had a very productive weekend. I finished the cement distributor kit. Now I move on to weathering it. I also finished assembling two Athearn 2-bay hoppers and two Bev-Bel/ Athearn gondolas. Lastly, I changed the couplers to Kadee's on two Bachmann Spectrum PRR coaches.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I also had a productive weekend. I wired up my turntable drive so that works now and everyone in the house can hear it. I also started work on my mining complex, making measurments and cutting part of my rock castings for fitting it in. I'm using foamboard as a base for the walls and plan to glue basswood strips to them so the structure will be strong yet fairly light. I've got the foamboard walls made with all the window and doors cut outs and all the wood stained.
I also took a quick look at two engines that I'm painting for the club and ordered decals for them.

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Was cold and rainy on Friday and Saturday, so I stayed in the house and scratchbuilt 3 industrial tank thing-a-ma-jigs, and built a product storage bin out of an old hopper car. One thing I discovered is that scratchbuilding consumes a lot of time.

Sunday brought good weather and I got all of the foam glued to the shelves.

Very productive weekend!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
With the help of some LGM and their spaceship, I got most of the structures in place on my layout party project. The roadways are now striped, and I finished building "Jilly Bean's Lunch stand" (Bar Mills Swanson's lunch stand) and decided to add one more structure, LL's "William's country store" to finish Main St. Jilly Bean is my grand daughter Jillian's nickname (hey, talk to her parents about that, it came from jelly beans, that's all I know) :rolleyes: . She just turned five and I thought she deserved a business of her own on my layout, as does the rest of my family. :D :D

N

nachoman

an embarassingly small amount of modeling for me. After fixing an old bicycle, fixing my friend's horn on his truck, some thesis work, and talking with my girlfriend on the phone, I still managed a little. I added some details to a pair of boxcabs I am building and cut a piece of subroadbed for the leader track to my turntable. Maybe next weekend I will got some work done!

kevin

Dragon

Nov 13, 2003
Western NY
www.dragonmnt.com
Along with getting the frame built for the HO scale Dragon Mountain Logging CO., I also started knocking together a little 6"x13" display for my desk at work.
gotta show off my hobby to everyone else.
It's also a nice place to let my first-ever steam engine rest. it's had a HARD life.

:)

Work-Display.jpg

C

Catt

I/We put the TTRAK layout in the actual shape of a "T" does that count?

I got the new track on the old short conversion module glued down and got a small start on the scenery.

Got the backdrop attached to my inside corner module and actually used the module Saturday night.

I have the painting done on my Walthers modular building done ,still need to finish putting all the windows in.On a paint buying spree at Micheal's I picked up a bottle of PLAID Folk Art "Barnyard Red" with not even the faintest idea of what I was gonna use it for.When I get off my lazy butt and take some pics you will see what I used it for.I highly reccomend it as a colour to use for red brick.

Ok nuff blatherin' on my part.

CSX6638

Jul 24, 2002
FLORIDA
Visit site
I finally got around to a long over due project, I removed and cleaned all the locos, rolling stock, buildings, cars, people and animals from my layout, then I cleaned all the landscaping and the tracks, and then I put everything back, hopefully all in the correct location. Now I need a rest and some Kentucky Bourbon, ice and a splash of water.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
I did get to run trains...I disappeared fot a couple of hours (with my grand son) hid the car around the corner, snuck back home and in the side gate, and into the train shed shut the door and we ran trains..... just the 2 off us,......had a ball