Its Monday 12-26-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
We had a good Christmas with lots of presents and food. I got some Model Power built-up structures and a bunch of LPPs and some vehicles. The best present was that my father-in-law was taken off the ventilator Christmas morning. He is breathing on his own and now wants to know when he can have real food.

On the modeling front I added and painted weights to the 2-bay hoppers and a covered hopper.

C

Catt

Well the orecar quads are now definately on the endangered species list.What started as a fun project got to the point it was no longer any fun to work with them.

The good news is that I am now creating 70ton single bay covered hoppers to use for the transportation of silica sand.If I can get my lazy butt motivated I'll update this post with a pic of the two that are ready for paint later today.

I haven't really given up on the quads I just have to rethink on how to best do them.

EDIT-> This is what I'm creating.The roofs are cutdown from AHM,ConCor 4 bay covered hoppers that I am slowly rebuilding for either coal or woodchip service.

sandhop1.jpg

By the way this pic was taken on the scenicked part of the Matthysen sub.

77railer

Dec 11, 2004
South Carolina
Put a power-loc layout in the addition for the boys. Still have to get carpet in there....but the trains dont mind the concrete,lol. They recieved HO Thomas and Percy for christmas and some track. It is two lines with a siding. The inside is for the little guy (Devon,3) and the outer line is for the older fella (Bailey,6). I used 22" curves on the outside so I can run some of my toys as well,lol.

77Railer

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 11

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
Good news about your father-in-law Tom, didn't get any railroading done over the weekend, still have the broken foot in the cast, daughter and husband we in for the weekend and had 15 people, the rest of the clan, over for Christmas dinner so spent most of the time socializing and having a great time. Once I get things cleaned up I'll be heading down to the rr room tomorrow... Ron..

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I spent Saturday getting ready for Christmas, last minute wrapping and the like and Sunday (Christmas we were over at my In-laws for gift giving and Christmas dinner. Today I went boxing day shopping and picked up the Canadian President's choice trainset as it was on sale.
Modeling-wise I've almost finished painting all the cast metal details for my DPM cycle shop, not its a bit of assembly and figuring out the placement of everything on the layout. Other that that I took the weekend off. I have the whole week between Christmas and new years off so I'll probably do more modeling during that time.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
What a better Christmas present could you wish for Tompm, than your father in law breathing on his own...and want to eat REAL food...:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

glad everyone had a great christmas, I know I did..:D :D :D

Did get to run trains as planned, and may have another convert to the hobby, a friend of my brother in law, to say his eyes poped out of his head, when I opened the train room, would be an understatement. by the end of the session, he was making darwings, for a small layout, so one can hope.... 9 kids playing in the yard, five men(little boys) running trains, and five women yapping in the kitchen, wow what a christmas......food was devowerd, soft drink disapeared, and the bar was emptied, gifts were exchanged....yep a great christmas. Looking forward to a better new year....

I wish you all will have a HAPPIER, HEALTHYER, PROSSPEROUSE NEW YEAR, than the last....please drive safe, and stay well...... have a good one..steve:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: