Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by MasonJar, Jul 11, 2005.
For me - not much! How about everyone else? Hope you had a good time with the trains!
Spent the first two hours this morning cleaning up a little more of the mess in the back room of the store. Maybe when we're done with all the little bits, odds, and ends of moving the store, I'll have the energy to build again.
On the plus side....Location!...Location!...Location! Looks like we got it now!
I pretty much finished the B&O GP38, have a few details to get that I can add later, didn't start the C&O GP38 yet. Worked some more on the TM FA, found a good roof shot online and realized I put the stack in the wrong place, luckily nothing was glued yet, so had to reposition it. Hollowed out the fan housing for the DA etched grill, not sure if I'm going to like this with nothing under it, hopefully when it painted you won't be able to see into the shell, LifeLike doesn't sell their FA fan blade set separately. So I'm only doing this one til it's painted and I see. This photo also showed regular eye bolt lift rings, NYC must have went to them in the 60's. Now for the door grab rails, could try and get P2K detail package or just make them out of wire, not sure yet.
Ran trains as usual!-
Hope everyone had a great weekend!!--
I finished painting and ecaling four athearn heavyweight passenger cars in CPR colors for my boss. Today he paid me for the work, in the form of a Proto1000 C-liner in CP colors. I guess that's off my wish list now!
I also started to mask off the yellow stipes for my club's Trainmaster that I'm painting in CNR green and yellow.
Finally I got a labeler and labeled all the block switches for my control panel, now I can finally know which switch controls which block!
sad to say my modeling accomplishment was listing my trains for sale
Got to do road numbers on the C30-7 and reasemble it ,paint the cab and add road numbers,and the sill stripes on the SD40-2 and reasemble and they will done (probly next weekend).
I decided that a neat addition to my modern boxcars would be Conspicuity striping.Boy is that fun in N scale ,As soon as I get my decals to finish them (85'ConCor hi-cubes) I will post pics or scans at least.
I didn't touch the 2TRAK modules but did decide to remove the track.homosote ,plywood portion and replace it with 1" blueboard.The rest of the module top is already 1" blueboard.
this weekend I put into practice an idea that I had to add a short branch line to the Feather River (unfortunatly getting more away from the prototype), but I needed more room to encorparate what I want.
Well the board work in almost in... here are five pix, the before, and after. Now I need fifteen minutes.....have a good one..steve