Its Monday 11-28-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I spent a large portion of the weekend putting up the Christmas decorations which are pretty much done. We still have the tree and we will pick that up next weekend. I also spent some times in the stores but I was relieved that the crowds were not too bad.

Modelingwise, I finished painting the walls and window frames for the farm house. I added an electric meter box and began painting a light fixture for over the back door. I also began looking over a Mantua Pure Oil tank car to see what I need to with it. I will need to change the hook and horn couplers to Kadee #38 couplers. Right now I will leave the plastic wheels since I am out of metal wheels. I also will weather the car.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well I didn't get around to my paper buildings.:( Saturday I spent most of my day on a Structure Fire and then the rest putting up Christmas Decorations. I still have the tree to put up & will probably do that tonight and even decorate it as well.

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone :wave:

lionelfan

Nov 3, 2005
CLEVELAND,OHIO
Since I was only off on Thursday and Sunday, I spent Sunday putting up Christmas Deco as it was in the 50's (unusual for NE Ohio in November) but Thanksgiving Day was snowy and cold so the family decided to stay home. Later in the evening I was able to build a couple of HO kits I bought sometime ago, a NS Protect II coil car and a NS autorack. These were added to the HO layout and look great. I also worked on my Lionel set from the 60's to put under the tree, cleaned and oiled the engine and tender.

galt904

Jan 17, 2005
Beachville ON
Picked up a bunch of 1x4x6 at Liquidation World for a buck a board. Totally unplanned. I was talking to my dad on Saturday about some lumber he had just bought and he told me that when he was picking it up some guys told him about it so I went to check it out Saturday night. I think I have enough to finish the benchwork for my layout now, and so what if half the benchwork is 1x3 and half is 1x4.

trainwhiz20

Aug 9, 2004
Tampa, FL
I was able to glue down some scenery around the station, and finally get around to opening the goodie details I got for my birthday. :rolleyes:

Other than that, I chilled and watched TV over my 5-day weekend/Thanksgiving break. I was going to make some more progress on getting the baggage carts together, but I didn't get around to it. Maybe this week, or next weekend.

Heh.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
spent Saturday morning transfering the insurance from the summer car to the winter car. After that the wife and i decided to give the winter car a highway run so we drove about an hour to a neighbouring town that just happened to have a hobby shop. Picked up some decals and paint, came home later that evening.
Sunday I had my driving lesson all afternoon so I didn't spend much time at all on any modeling projects, just painted some woodland scenics stumps and that was it. The enginehouse is still on hold, waiting for some interior pieces to show up in my mailbox.

C

Catt

Well let me see if my rememberer is werkin'.

I now have four assembled orecar quads.Still need to paint two of them but what the heck I'm gaining at least.

I got the track relaid on the 2TRAK module.I got the Matthysen sub clean enough to run a train on it.

I broke in the ATLAS MP15DCs Saturday night and posted a review on this site yesterday.

Got a barn project looking like a barn again.

and on the Honey side of the track,I painted the wife's Christmas villige base white (it no longer is called Plywoodville :D )

Tad

Apr 8, 2003
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
I kitbashed this GP18.

abb.sized.jpg

I have a little bit left to finish it.