It's MONDAY 10-25-04, weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Looks NYC-BKO is working late again. I guess I’ll start up the post this Monday.

We had a very busy weekend. On Saturday we watch my son’s football team, the Drexel Hill Raiders Pee Wee AA, defeat the Glenolden Indians 35-14. We then had to sit through more games before my daughter cheered. After her game we piled into the van and headed to Strasburg, PA and toured the haunted museum at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania. Sunday my son was supposed to play in an AAA football game but since we got home late Saturday we slept through the alarm. Sunday we visited a party store, the kids are having a Halloween party on Saturday. The party store was in the same shopping center as Mitchell’s Hobbies so I picked up some Woodland Scenics Engineers and Dullcoat.

I did get some modeling done. I added the engineer to the LNE 0-8-0 switcher and reattached the cab. The also gave the handrails their first coat of black.

trains1972

Sep 1, 2004
philadelphia, pa
pg.photos.yahoo.com
I got two more blocks of building done for the city. I started on painting the street lights and pole but had to go out on Sunday and did not finish before the weekend was over. I finshed the painting this morning and will put the street lights in place by the end of today.

SAL Comet

May 13, 2004
N.W. Georgia
Got two, 8' sections of benchwork built and primed. They turned out nice and flat and very rigid considering how little material there is in them.

F

Fred_M

I learned how to make beer disappear. You don't buy beer, you rent it. I worked some on Mikey's speakeasy, took some pictures, and put Thompsons on the deck. Last year I bought a HVLP paint sprayer at Harbor Freight Tools to paint the house. So I waited until the wife left Saturday. I was complaining about having to do the deck and how it was gonna take all afternoon. So after she left I got out the sprayer and did a 12 by 30 foot deck in...15 min including setup and cleanup. LOL. Then I got to go inside and screw around until she came back 5 hours later. When she pulled in I quickly wet my hair and shirt and complained about having to do the deck all afternoon. Score 1 for the men. Fred

theBear

Oct 1, 2004
In the woods of Maine
Fred, just one little question ... does your wife use the computer?
eek.gif

As for modeling over the weekend, no real modeling just prep work.

I did manage to get some work done in the basement and some framing put together. I didn't even get to the local Home Depot as it was too late. I still have a few weekends worth of work getting stuff out of the way.

Sunday I had to go hear Fiddle-icious and stock up the larder so nothing got done on anything.

Now I shall lumber off and have a little nap
biggrin.gif

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
You dont want to know....Really, you really dont want to know!!!
Fri-DVD went out
Saturday morning Printer cooked
Saturday spent most of the day shopping for a printer and DVD Player.
Sunday family gathering
Monday morning Surround Sound reciever went out!!
Needless to say its been a very expensive 3 days!!!
On the brite side,while shopping i picked up all my lightfixtures for behind the railroad valance's on Sale.Wonder if they'll last a week around here <Groan>
To show you they dont make stuff like they used to
Printer was 19 months old,DVD was 20 months old,Reciever was 25 months old
Renting might be cheaper!!!

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I first dug up the garden on saturday, then I spent the rest of the weekend laying roadbead and track. By Sunday evening I was able to run a train all the way around on the mainline. I had to modify the trackplan though, the steamer wouldn't make it through the tight curve through the city so I widened the curve, thus making it nessasary to re-arange just about everything else! Pictures are coming. I've been taking them with my 35mm camera so when I finish the film I'll get a photo CD made with the developing so I can post all my progress step-by-step.

dash10 said:
So after she left I got out the sprayer and did a 12 by 30 foot deck in...15 min including setup and cleanup. LOL. Then I got to go inside and screw around until she came back 5 hours later. When she pulled in I quickly wet my hair and shirt and complained about having to do the deck all afternoon. Score 1 for the men.

YES!! :thumb: :thumb: Now THAT'S a man after my own style. I pride myself on my ability to goof off, sneak in naps, etc. taking advantage of my wife's ignorance of how long certain jobs around the house take. When she comes home from work on Saturdays, I always make sure I come out of the basement with a wrench in my hand, from around the side of the house with a rake, etc. etc. ;) ;)

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Thanks Tom for starting this again, it looks like Sunday night is a long one on the Shortline, so if you want an early thread on Mondays, I might have to give you the assignment!!!!:p

Well as far as modeling goes, I finally got to the LHS on Saturday to get the track and of course since it has taken 3 wks to get there, there was no switch in stock that I needed. So once again no siding or yard expansion. So I did what any good modeler would do, I bought some cars, not that I don't have plenty to build but what the hey. I might have bought an engine but this shop charges full retail so I passed.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!:thumb:

F

Fred_M

theBear said:
Fred, just one little question ... does your wife use the computer?
Yeah, but it's safe to talk on the train boards, we're "too stupid" for her to read. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Hell, I can't even get her to look at pictures of trains anymore. She won't even look in the train room anymore. Man, it's heaven in a lot of ways. Never, ever share a hobby with a woman guys, it will lead to dispair and heartache. "You can't paint that loco yellow and gray with a red stripe" she says, "that clashes." "You ruined that nice new box car, why do you paint dirt on all your (imagine our :eek: ) expensive hobby stuff?" Why you make it look like it's never been washed"? "So it matches your truck, you lazy b**** ", I reply under my breath. "I heard that", duck, here comes a shoe. Later guys. Fred

b28_82

Jan 25, 2004
Midwest City, OK
www.geocities.com
I did roofwalk removal on 3 of my boxcars. The first 2 I painted to hide the line down the middle. I need to weather them a bit to cover up some stuff a little more. The last one I used a different method to plug the holes and I hope new holes don't form like the first two. I also took a trip to the LHS over in Pensacola and saw a train along the way.

Attachments

• roofwalk removal 3.jpg
    roofwalk removal 3.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 78
  • roofwalk removal 2.jpg
    roofwalk removal 2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 73
  • roofwalk removal 1.jpg
    roofwalk removal 1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 61
  • UP5103 640x480.jpg
    UP5103 640x480.jpg