Its Monday 1-9-06, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I did not get as much modeling done as planned. I did get some more pink foam glued down to the layout top. I added some more window glazing to the farm house. I did some final “clean-up” on the coal loads I made for a couple of hoppers. The big thing was I brought out my new Atlas Reading MP15DC. I installed the detailed parts and nearly lost my mind. Installing them is an exercise in patience. It is a great looking loco but I am not sure I would want another and have to go through detail installation again. I did not test run it since I have nowhere to do so right now.

Dingo69

Jan 3, 2006
N Gauger said:
I used my "15 minutes" to finish the tower for the missile site. :D I'm still trying to decide what to add to the layout overall.

Missle site, are we still in the model train section or military modeling, or do you have a army base in the middle of your railroad.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Dingo69 said:
Missle site, are we still in the model train section or military modeling, or do you have a army base in the middle of your railroad.
No, he's just trying to set up a defense against my LGM (little green men) and their flying saucers.fencefence Not a chance, even though his is G and mine is N, my guys know tricks that his guys can't defend against.sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1

announce1BTW, as for accomplishments, I did get to finish my track laying on my new section of layout. :thumb:

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Operated trains on "Vancouver Island" - the Esquimalt & Nanaimo railway as (partially) build by a friend. Great work in progress - the walls are now sky-blue, and the spline roadbed is slowly working its way up the mountain!

Andrew

Wabash Banks

Mar 11, 2005
Indiana
I didn't get to do nearly anything I had planned. I got up early on Saturday and managed to get a cable made for my jib crane. I painted up some detail parts I made from clay and that was it.
My daughter was sick over the weekend and unable to go anywhere. Her ability to play though, was not dimished ANY thanks to some good meds.

What I did get to do was run some trains. We got out her Thomas wooden railroad stuff and built a 4X12 layout. We were getting ready to play and I decided to teach her about switching and how switch lists work. I drew a picture of the engine, Thomas, Percy, or Emily and listed what they needed to do. This included a picture of the cars to be used and the number of them. I then drew a quick picture of where they were going and what they were to do at each stop. Since it was in sequence and all pictures, she was able to read it and figure it out. I ran Diesel in the yard to make sure the cars were ready for the next engine out. Occaissonaly I would run an engine and force a meet. She learned to use the passing sidings well. On occassion Sir Topem Hat would also visit and have the engine do something other than what was in it's list.
I only made 3 train orders....we must have ran them a dozen times each. While my railroad didn't get much done, we had a great deal of fun playing trains together!

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Operation sessions with Thomas - too cool...! How old is your daughter? Mine is 4.5 and has Thomas in Lego and wood, but not enough of either to do anything more than a loop and a single siding (loop only in wood).

Andrew

Wabash Banks

Mar 11, 2005
Indiana
She will be 4 at the beginning of March.

The large layout came about as a present from Santa. They had sets at Walmart by a company called Kid Connection. It was quite a large set with 4 large bridge spans for $20. The rolling stock was terrible as far as engines, but the rest wasn't bad. We then aquired another of the same set. I can't remember how we worked that in since Santa left the first one...but we did.
We have since bought a couple of small (like $6) sets of track that contains female/female connections. We still need to get one that has the male/male pieces. My borther and his wife gave her a set that makes a figure 8 with an over and under bridge. Santa brougth her a roundhouse this year. It was another knock off brand that was $25 instead of $100.
We have spent more money getting the actual Thomas engines than anything else. Emily was a stocking stuffer this year. At nearly $20, she was amost as expensive as the 5 stall roundhouse!

We keep it all in a large tote which she can drag along. I know I am in for it when I see her dragging that tote behind her! There won't be any work on anything getting done anytime soon, but I always know we will be having lots of fun!

By the way, the last time I saw those sets at Wal-Mart, they were $10...The same in real Thomas would cost you $100+

C

Catt

Modeling? Well I did get a F45 painted and partially decaled,and no I'm not slipping back to the darkside by doing an HO locomotive.(I've had these locos since I had a HO layout about 5 years ago)

The N scale stuff this weekend was taking the TTRAK to a show we've attended ever since their first one.The responce was awesome as we had almost as much traffic as the HO guys :D We have one more show on our scedule which is going to be a brand new one for this area.

Unfortunately I forgot my camera so there were no pics taken.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Wabash Banks said:
I know I am in for it when I see her dragging that tote behind her! There won't be any work on anything getting done anytime soon, but I always know we will be having lots of fun!

It wouldnt suprize me if you didnt instegated some of those times to come. its always great to play with the little ones, espeacialy when it happens to be something you like to do as well.. enjoy the play, and the education, yours not hers...sign1 sign1 sign1 .........

As for myself I didnt do any modeling this week end, as I was engaged in the kidlet minding department, and will be for at least another 10 days........have a good one..steve

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I finished off most of my interior details for my engine house and got the roof beams 1/2 in. I also cut some foam to make a terrace in my city so the background building will be raised a little higher than the foreground.
I also stopped by the hobby shop and picked up a pack of smalltown USA sidewalks.