It's Friday the 13th, weekend modeling projects!!!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by NYC-BKO, Aug 13, 2004.

1. NYC-BKO

NYC-BKO Member

Yes the week has passed, what are we going to do this weekend?

I started stripping another hotwheels vehicle, an ice cream truck that I plan on trying to make into one of the MofW trucks that look like a small pickup with the flat front, low bed with tool compartments on the sides, etc. I hope I can cut it up without it distorting! Maybe build a few more cars, too.

Don't forget to run trains!!! -:thumb:

Have a great weekend. -:wave:
  2. Catt

Catt Guest

Well let ne see now,oh yeah get the trackwork done on the TTRAK adaptor module so we can use the set tomorrow night (8-14-04).The layout will double in length with my modules :D .

Next project is to get the gray painted on the second C30-7 and maybe the sill stripe decals installed too.
  3. screwysquirrel

screwysquirrel Member

My project this weekend is to MOVE!

(eek!)
  4. jetrock

jetrock Member

Probably none for me--I spent a lot of time modeling last week on my diorama, this weekend I'll attend the opening-day reception for the museum exhibit where it will be displayed, then a noise show I'm putting on, then it's off to visit the mother-in-law, where in all likelihood I will tear off with my nephew to check out the local hobby shops when my mother-in-law starts listing off the inevitable Lifting of Heavy Things Type Chores she needs done around her house...
  5. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

I'll continue to work on my engine facility. And hopefully I'll actually be able do it this time!

Brian, I've cut a couple Hot Wheels up using a cut-off wheel in a dremel tool, works like a charm.
  6. Allstate81140

Allstate81140 Member

Hi all. Brian, if I were you, I wouldn't touch anything on that train layout today. Anything can happen. Remember what day it is? Ha ha.

Just thought I would post a warning to everyone. Noone wants their table to collapse, or their trains to suddenly freeze up.

All have a nice weekend. Jack.
  7. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Maybe get the coal tower finished if I can do it to suit me. Last night I put on some stairs, this morning they looked clumsy and out of place. So I ripped them off before I went to work. Now I'm thinking ladders. Fred
  8. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Since last Friday's plan of plan nothing and see what happens worked, I think I'll go that route again. I planned nothing and then I actually got quite a few things done. So my thought is why mess with success?
  9. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

It looks like this will be a busy week end with other chores planned, but I still hope to get some paint on the U33B.
  10. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

I hope to complete the mainline through Alamogordo (which shouldn't take long, I just have about two feet left on the third of three tracks); and then I want to create another 53' reefer for the company I work for (and who will eventually have a poultry plant on my layout); and I'm hoping to install my first non-plug-n-play decoder.

Oh, and then I have to leave on Sunday for Chicago for a week.
  11. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

Well, all the glue on my fish tank project will be dry now and I can start to shape the terrain. I'm going to try and fit this in as I have a buffalow puppet un the works. I want to clean up my trailer too.

TrainClown
  12. CN1

CN1 Active Member

I'm working :cry:

But I still need to mown the lawn, :( finish painting the bathroom :(
    and if able go hiking with my wife and the dog in the mountains :thumb:

No RR project this weekend :( . (unless it rains)
  13. NYC-BKO

NYC-BKO Member

Jack, I had my Friday the 13th last weekend, both vehicles broke down and the yard sale stunk, just paid the bill, yard sale didn't even cover the repairs.:cry:

Thanks for the tips on cutting the truck up.:wave: