It's done ...

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Gerd your English is way better than my German . I was looking at the site and was wondering if you had a closeup shot of the disconnects and if you bought them or made them? The unloading crane is something that will be in the near for me I really like how you did it. Thanks Pat

CN1 said:
Gerd, very nice :thumb: :thumb:

How did you managed to puit the loco inside the light bulb? :confused:
http://www.us-waldbahnen.de/Dioramen/urshay_01.JPG :thumb:
That's easy :)

Use a small diamond saw blade in a mini drill to engrave the glas over the metal part of the bulb. Then use a candle and heat up this sektion. You have to try some times to get the first usable opend bulb.

Then cut of the innert parts of the bulb and form a landscape with qypsum or something else and detail it.

The Shay was build in 5 Steps. First, I've scratch build the frame with the trucks, the cylinders and the rear box for with the firewood. After placing this in the bulb, I've added the boiler, then comes the bars to hold the roof, the roof it self and at last the watertank.

Use superglue to close the bulb after 2 weeks. This time is needed to allow all humidity to go out of the bulb.

Try it :)

Here is my first one I've ever build ...
gluehb02.JPG
gluehb01.JPG

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Hi Gerd,

your website is simply S-U-P-E-R. It's the first site I saw in German, and you present the information in a very complete and short form. Congratulations!

Also your models ans layout are great. We all hope to see more of your work and your modeling tricks here on the Gauge! :wave:

And now in German: Gerd, ich finde Deine Website mehr als gut. Layout und Inhalt sind optimal - alles wichtige ist kurz und bündig zusammengefasst. Und so viel ich weiss, bist Du der erste, der überhaupt eine Website über Holzfällerbahnen in deutsch herausgebracht hast. Mach weiter so! Schön, auch deutsch sprechende Mitglieder bei der Gauge zu haben! :) :thumb:

Ron

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
Hi Gerd, great website. Even if it were only in german the pictures tell a good story. On a light note, I liked the small car, and with a bit of whimsy you could deck it out as the worlds first port-a-potty :D :D :D even though your LPB's loggers most likely follow the example of the bear. :thumb: :thumb:

Slick

Sep 3, 2004
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Gerd, Sehr Gut! Excellent site! Wonderful work on Logging Railroads, also, in my youth I raised rats too....... for those that wonder, visit the site. Great Trains, Wonderful Pets!

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Hehehe Woodie, these website translators like Babelfish are always good for a laugh! :D :D :D

Admittedly they do some sort of skeleton translation, but you have to revise the text to a big extent. And perhaps you can save quite a lot of typing work by using such a translator.

But especially we, with our railroad slang, oftentimes get some outright silly :mad: translations from these programs. But at least it's a start to get going. And while doing the 'souping-up' of the translated text, you now and then get a hearty laugh out of the computer's comprehension of the other language.

Example: Translation of 'Out of sight - out of mind' into German and back to English gets you 'from sight - from understanding out', or in a different program even 'invisible - insane'! :D :D :D

The problem is that you have to know the other language quite well to find the errors of the program - or else you end up as the laughing stock of the whole web community... :(

In short - if you find a foreign language text (say in German) you can translate it and then you are able to understand the meaning of this text. But to translate YOUR own website into German and show the result on the web as YOUR German version of this site... :eek: :eek: :eek: (At least - I wouldn't do it...)

Ron

Jun 30, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
RailRon said:
Hehehe Woodie, these website translators like Babelfish are always good for a laugh! :D :D :D

Example: Translation of 'Out of sight - out of mind' into German and back to English gets you 'from sight - from understanding out', or in a different program even 'invisible - insane'! :D :D :D

Ron

there was an early Russian translation of the Bible so poorly translated that 'The Spirit is willing, but the Flesh is weak' translated into Russian and back came out 'The vodka is good, but the meat is rotten'