Is this right?

michi_skip

Nov 23, 2006
New Market, Alabama
I've been trying to build a base for a preformed tunnel--and I can't tell if it looks okay. Keep in mind that nice answers are not required and that this track is for a six year old for Christmas and needs to be done by then. We spent longer preparing to start than intended and are working 6-7 hours a day to get it finished while still finishing two dollhouses. We waited tooooo long.

Attachments

• tunnel base.jpg
    tunnel base.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 75

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Looks fine to me, especially for its intended purposes, just make sure the track is well supported.:thumb: announce1 Get at it, you only got a few daze left:D :wave:

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
That looks like it will work fine. Just paint the base a green to match the green on the tunnel and it will disappear. You will want to test run a train or at least the locomotive through it to make sure you have the clearances right before you fasten the tunnel down permanentely.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Looks good! What a great present! You know, even if its not finished (as long as trains run) I'll bet it will be much appreciated. You can introduce the 6 year old to the joys of layout construction! :)
Ralph

michi_skip

Nov 23, 2006
New Market, Alabama
Should I attach the tunnel to the base permenantly or is there a less permenant option? There is a rerailer in the tunnel and the clearance on both trains is fine--at least on test runs. We have not attached the outside track and are having trouble with the theory on the turntable none of us have ever done this before but we have all wanted to and with JT being a train nut we thought we would give it a try. I"m hooked and would like to continue with an N scale after the holiday. Maybe my husband will get me one for Christmas if not there are always the after Christmas sales.