Is this hobby a bug

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
I don't know what it is with this hobby of ours, but I get the bug to do something to the railroad just about every time I pass the room where it is housed. Can't pass by it without dropping in for a while and thinking/doing something to it. Do you have that same problem.

Shamus

C

Catt

Not doing much on the layout itself lately,but I find myself setting here at the 'puter working on locos and rolling stock more than I'm putin'.Thats the advantage/disadvantage of having the puter in the train room.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I've got TWO layouts lookin' at me evrytime I go in there, so I'm really bugged! :D
Aint it great though?
Think of all the poor devils walking around who aren't gettin' bugged!:(

Bill Stone

Apr 20, 2001
San Dimas, California, USA
Visit site
You hear about people who retire and die six months later from boredom.
Don't think I've ever met a model rail in risk for that. Most MR's can't wait until retirement so they'll have more time to spend workin' on the railroad.
Probably the best part of this hobby is that there are so many aspects of it: Research, planning, building rolling stock, building structures and scenery, laying track, operating...... How can anyone involved here really ever get bored?
Bill S

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
What you say is true Bill. I have a couple of friends who have no hobbys or interests other than talking about their working years and they just seem to be wasting away. :confused:
Not me. I have been retired for 10 years and my sanity has been preserved by the joy and challenges of my model railroad. :D

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi Shamas

I been retired for five years now and really enjoy working on my new layout. I spend a couple of hours in the morning and about three in the afternoon. I also spend a few hours in the evening and most times while watching TV or a ball game I'm scratch building or making more logging flat cars. Of course it will be spring here soon I hope and house chores gardening and lawn care will slow me down some. I want to thank this forum for all there help and it is greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:

Ron

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
My layout is not in a "dead end" room, basement, attic, garage, spare room et al....It's right in the middle of the house! Gotta go past it on the way to the backyard, (to mow the lawn), the kitchen (for a cuppa), the lounge, (to watch the teev), the front door (too see who's there) or even the loo (to ................ read a book). Yep.... do something every time I go past, even it's its just to flick that little bit of dust off the station platform. :rolleyes: