Iron Horse Hobbies

Drew Toner

Mar 2, 2002
McLennan, Alberta, Canada.
Visit site
Hello every one,

I was fed up with my old dial-up modem, so I kind of dropped out from the forums and news groups for a while!! But that didn't stop me from buying Model Railroad stuff!! And one of the places I bought stuff from, was the Iron Horse Hobbies store, that I think is down in Texas. I used to speak with a fellow named David.

But it seems that the last few times I tried emailing the Iron Horse Hobbies, the emails didn't go through, and now I can't find an Iron Horse Hobbies, in Texas.

So I was wondering if they have a new store, or have taken all there old stock and built a monster layout:D :D

Any one know were David went?

santafewillie

Aug 4, 2002
era tx
Visit site
Iron Horse Hobbies in Lewisville TX closed their doors. I don't have any other details but I think it had to do with the high price of rent. It was a neat place to shop. I'll ask around some other shops to see if they have information.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Unfortunately the information is correct and Iron Horse Hobbies did close.

David, aka Harley on the Gauge, Rhomeeyeball on other forums, is still around. Both he and his wife had some health problems awhile back. Dave tripped and fell and broke his leg not long after the hobby shop closed. So he was laid up for a time. They are both now doing better. They pop into Railroadforum.com and RailroadLine occasionally.

Drew Toner

Mar 2, 2002
McLennan, Alberta, Canada.
Visit site
That's to bad

TomPM said:
Unfortunately the information is correct and Iron Horse Hobbies did close.

David, aka Harley on the Gauge, Rhomeeyeball on other forums, is still around. Both he and his wife had some health problems awhile back. Dave tripped and fell and broke his leg not long after the hobby shop closed. So he was laid up for a time. They are both now doing better. They pop into Railroadforum.com and RailroadLine occasionally.

Well I'm sorry to here that they had such a rough time. I really enjoyed dealing with him and his store. Well maybe they will pop back into The Gaugeagain too!!

Thanks for the info Tom.

Harley

Sep 3, 2002
TEXAS
Visit site
Hi Folks
Iron Horse Hobbies in Lewisville, TX closed our doors Jan 1, 2004. The owner was moving across country and didn't want to leave that connection to Texas. If any people want to reach me write to david@angelohobbies.com

or check out angelohobbies.com

Thanks
David

P.S.

Hi Drew. I hope you and yours are well!

Thanks Tom