I'm happy

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
Hello people,

Just to say that I have my first N Scale GP38-2 from Life like.

It's my first american loco. And my first purchase from another country. It arrived today, and I've ordered Friday. Bought it from Mac's Models, Britan.

Looks really sharp to me. Not a Kato, or Atlas, but as a first one, I think it's really good. I'll post some pics from it when I can. I also have to take pics, to show you that I used cloud templates (thank you Gavin Miller), to make my sky, and have a intermodal being built.

Thanks for your time

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Congratulations! A friend of mine started out in N scale with a GP38-2 and it has served him well. I happen to have a Life-Like F40PH, which is a very similar engine mechanically and I'm very pleased with it!

WM-N-fan

Jan 27, 2002
Hagerstown Md.
The life-like GP-38 was my first real loco. I started out with a CSX and got 4 more (ATSF, BN, WM, D&H) I eventually got a lifelike
E-8, F-40PH, S-7, GP-20, and SW1200, and went on getting about a dozen Atlas and Kato engines. They run fine, but the trick is to take care of it. My Santa Fe, D&H, and BN Gp-38's work fine, but my original CSX and WM have issues, but still work ok. Now a days they are all kind of "still" just sitting near the loco shops, but occasionally they pull a handful of cars, or act as helper units, or lead an inspection train. Just out of curiousity, how much did you pay for them, because around here they are anywhere from 5-$12 used to $15-$20 New. This is a great loco to start on and if it fails "Who Cares" there very easy to fix and cheap to replace.

Fast Fact: My Lifelike engine's lasted about an hour of running time uncleaned. At the hobby shop near my home they had a BNSF Atlas B-23-7 which they cleaned. It ran a total of 3000 hours flawlessly before finally showing signs of age.

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
That's not too bad, considering you had to get it across an ocean!

I started out with a Model Power RSD-15, which ran admirably well, but was still obviously a train set engine. My next purchases were two Kato C30-7's. Great engines, but there's no real need for me to tell you all that! :D