I hope no one followed these instructions...

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
But a few minutes ago I found a thread by a spammer. It was only on here for about 20 or 30 minutes, but it was read by 12 members in that period. It was about a Windows automatic update problem and how to fix it. This spammer instructed you to disable your firewall, or place a bunch of sites that they showed in the post, in your "trusted" list, then start clicking on a bunch of links to "fix" the problems. I really hope no one followed these instructions because I would hate to think of what would be happening to your machine after you had disabled your firewall and visited one of these sites.

We have been dealing with some strange spam lately, links to por-no sites, selling everything from medication to phones and computers, and some just rambling on about nonsense but this is the first one I've seen that was malicious and could damage your computer.

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Guess I missed that one. I tend to disregard any and all suspicious looking email. I've been known to delete forwarded emails from my own family. Thanks for guarding the gate.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
weird. i missed that one (thank goodness) but I HAVE receved strange e-mails. from the looks of them, they wern't even supoed to be there! but what they were was truly shocking: addvertizerment for cheap ******s and such in crappy typing! we deleted them almost instantly. Watch your backs out there......

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
I appreciate you telling us about that red triangle in the corner. I never used it until now. I saw that spam early and popped right on that triangle. You guys do a great job of keeping us clean.

Lynn:thumb: :thumb:

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Don more than likely they are trying to get into computers to use they to send out more spam without the owner/user even knowing about it.

Thanks for a job well done.

Rick