I hate daylight savings time.

Bill Stone

Apr 20, 2001
San Dimas, California, USA
Visit site
Brakie: Actually our hangup about time (not the concept itself) comes a bit closer to "home." Before railroads every hamlet had their own idea of what time it was --- presuming anyone there really cared. The railroads (at least in the US) couldn't schedule around that, and as soon as they really got going, started pushing for standardized time zones.

When I had to work for a living, I loved DST, as it gave me nice long, bright evenings. I guess in retirement, I shouldn't care one way or the other, but I do still like the long evenings.

BillS

F

Fred_M

I still hate it. The sun by defintion is suppose to be at its Zenith at NOON, not 1 pm. Ever see a sun dial? Ever see one with a pin to allow you to reset it to DST? It's not natural, just a thing thought up during the war to end all wars some 90 years ago to save some kerosine for the trenches. Then lazy people who can't get out of bed in the morning without a prodding from the clock need to trick themselves into getting up early in the summer so the sun can appear to stay up to 10pm so they can manage to get their yards mowed. It's like my wife who sets the clock 10 min. fast so she won't be late for work.:rolleyes: It reminds me of an old Chicago song. I'll be OK in a few weeks when my biorythm clock resets itself and I can quit using that dang beep beep beeping alarm clock... that's until fall. FRED