I had my open house

Richard Gude

May 31, 2005
I had my open house which was associated with the Fort Worth Train Show. I was open from 12 - 5 on Sunday. I had 25 visitors. Some came with their significant others. Only one brought a child. I also had Murphy come to visit and he blew a turnout on the main about 4 PM. The wire had slipped out of the operating bar from the tortoise. It was an Atlas so I had to lock it in one position by lodging a track spike in the road bed to hold it.

I had a friend here to help me run the trains. That really helped. Everyone was very positive and they especially liked the control panel, which I have shared with the forum previously. :)

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Glad to hear you had a successful event!

On Saturday we visited an Open House a few blocks from where we live. It was N-scale and I model HO but it was still fun to meet a fellow modeler. My wife and my 7 year-old son came along. Even though the scale was different I was able to get a few ideas about some things I have trying to decide about regarding my layout.

All in all it was fun. I just wished there were more with in a reasonable drive to us and the time we had allotted.