I broke my new loco.

Snowbound

Mar 26, 2005
NH
So I just bought my first N scale loco, an Atlas B23 with Santa Fe blue & yellow paint. Looks terrific & really brings back memories from childhood. I was just poking & prodding the different parts & the metal bit on the front coupler, the "horn" I think, came off. It's the curved piece that looks like an air hose. It doesnt look like it broke, it looks like it should just stick into a hole in the underside of the coupler, but every time I try & poke it in there it just falls back out. Is it supposed to be glued in or something? These things are a lot more delicate than the HO stuff I'm used to. My ham hands are going to break lots of little bits off of the trains, I can tell already.
Should I replace the whole coupler?
Snowbound

LIRR

Dec 19, 2004
If its a knuckle coupler it's not a nessasary part of the coupler, I normally clip my coupling pins off as I do all my Un-coupling with a pick not with a magent. It looks better that way anyway.

wjstix

Nov 18, 2004
It may be a Kadee "clone" rather than an actual Kadee coupler?? If it isn't going back together I suspect it would be easier to just replace it.