Hunting down a paper mill

Agatheron

Nov 8, 2003
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Well... it seems like I've decided on the two major industries to be on my layout: Paper and Tires... Even then these will only be "suggested" industries... or smaller operations given the smaller size of my layout. Now to track down the structures that would work the best.

I think the tire plant will have to be a kitbash, maybe modified from some of the existing kits in current circulation, or alternatively, to use either DPM's or Cornerstone's modular system.

The vexing one is the paper mill. Just at the time I decide I need one, that I discover that Walthers has retired their kit, and I've not been able to find it anywhere so far. Well, that's not true. Ebay has one on for sale at the moment, but it only ships to US locations. Given that I'm north of the border, it seems I'm out of luck.

I had thought about kitbashing one... but the Superior Paper kit from Walthers looks really good, and it would be worthwhile to try and get my hands on one of these...

Suggestions?

C

Catt

If I remember correctly one of our local shops has said kit.They will ship it anywhere .:D I am going there this afternoon .I will check to be sure they have it and let you know.