How trains are better than women...

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
I'm still laffin, but when I come to think on it, are trains really better than women????
When a train lets off steam the noise is much worse than a woman's.
Hugging a warm smokebox isn't anything like as pleasant as hugging a woman.
The smell of smoke and cinders might be pleasant but does it compare favourably to the sensuous fragrance of a woman's perfume?

:) On the other hand, trains don't need the expense of makeovers every week.
They don't complain when you slam the doors shut.
They also have things to hold onto when you climb aboard (am I way out of line in saying this??)

Gosh!!! Now my wife doesn't know whether to hug me or chastise me :D :D

Oh Lordy! gimme the wisdom to know when to keep my mouth shut :D :D

Errol

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
Hey Woodie welcome back! :)

Thanks Tyson. Been very very busy the last few months. Selling up and moving on, and setting up a business as well. Takes a lot more time than I thought. But should have some time over Christmas and New Year to take it a bit easier. (and play TOOTs, which has also missed out too)

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Regarding the 2-6-6-6 vs. 4-8-8-4 debate... It's not so much the SIZE of the engine that matters...it's what you DO with it.

- Trains don't have to stop at every station during the trip. (This can apply to either men or women, but especially to children.)

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
All aboard!

I don't mind hearing, "All aboard" when it comes to trains.

Trains obey Rule 69 of the Operations Manual.

Trains don't mind being photographed, videotaped and posted on the Internet.

Trains have never, ever minded if you stare at them longingly- knowing you'll never ever have a chance to to have a chance to catch them.

Trains always come to a stop.

Trains love it when you get on board "just because" it's a train, no destination- just because you want to ride the train.

Whoo-Whoo

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
here are a few more....

Nobody talks if you get rid of one train for a younger (or older) train.

If you get rid of a train, it does not sue for alamony.

Trains never spend all day on the phone gossiping with other trains.

Trains don't care if you have other hobbies besides trains.

Trains don't care if you spend all day in a train store fondling other trains.

Trains never say, "Not tonight dear, I have a headache."

Trains never say, "Clean that up, it's your dog/cat/child."

Michael

LarryGarrett

Dec 10, 2002
Kansas City, Missouri
Visit site
OMG

McFortner, you are going to get all of us males in here killed, or locked back in our cages.....lol........Really funny stuff, man. My wife could not keep from laughing with me as we read your list and all the posts following. .....Good work, bud.

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
Trains don't care if you spend a lot of time on The Gauge.

Trains never mind hopping up on the table.

Trains never order the lobster.

Trains will never make you sleep on the couch.

Trains never complain about you taking their picture.

Trains don't worry when you talk about playing with a Big Boy.

----

Michael

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Trainds don't care if you...

Trains don't care if you don't call them if they're on the "schedule"!

Trains don't care if you are running around in circles trying to catch up.

Trains don't insist on not being put to work at (insert whatever time you wake up and have a few minutes to spare in order to spot a few cars): AM!

Trains like to hear me walk around the house making train sounds, even when guests are over.

Trains never, ever said, "That's disgusting"!!! when I announced a train departing in the porcelain station.:rolleyes:

BTW- a train never called me at 6:00 AM to ask if I loved it- of course I do. And, if ever one did- I'd never think- How do I call this off.:eek:

acshrpe

Oct 15, 2002
Southern MI
Visit site
I am just curious. Are we still talking about trains better than women? As I am reading some of these, I am beginning to wonder if I was reading how trains are better than men :D :D

Better than men -- let me see
Trains don't complain I'm hungry, when is supper ready

Trains don't acuse you of sitting in front of the boob tube eating bon-bons all day.

Trains don't snore all night and then say they don't snore

Trains don't complain you take too long to get ready to go somewhere

Trains don't ask you to bring them a cold one.

Don't worry, my other half is nothing like a train -- now I really have you wondering;)

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Wondering? You have me scared right out of my pantyhose acshrpe!

Trains are better than women because they are trains. There's no question as to how, all the responses point that out (and could continue forever).;)

Are you making an admission that you are not in control of your trains? C'mon, you can tell us here. It's just you, me and the rest of the train loving world. :eek: (Unless you're a woman- and I don't know that from your nick, then I'd say, "I'll be right home honey, the boys and I were just talking about how much we love our...{trains}

Perhaps a, "Women are better than trains guilt"?:eek:

Although I appreciate the turn in tack and tact- I find it hard stepping from my pantyhose to find a contrary question.:confused:

I mean after all- aren't trains meant to bring things to the consumer- bon-bons, supper, matressess, beer- all consumables? Why would there be railroads otherwise.

I declare here and now that in the new year-

Trains are better than women because (Check One):
  • They smell better when they're all wiped down.
  • They don't have access to (Insert)
  • They have access to (Insert)

I'd suggest a thread why women are better than trains- but I don't wanna get booted from the BB. Heck- even I know that women are better than trains for some things. Going along with acshrpe's last post- we're sunk fellows.:cool:

Anonymous