how to upload photos

who_dat73

Jan 18, 2005
Minnesota
Ok I know how to resize pics in jpeg but how do I compress it so that it can be uploaded I dont know if its my new camera or what but all of a sudden I cant send my photos in ??
Thanks
Mike

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Well, nothing has changed here so let's see what you're doing on your end. You must use some sort of photo application, or program, to be able to resize and change the photo "quality", not compress it. Changing the quality will basically change the density of the picture and will determine its file size, which is what you're trying to do. There is a tutorial at the top of this forum that takes you through a typical process. If that doesn't help, let me know and we can try to guide you through one that should work for you. There are several free photo apps on the web, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

who_dat73

Jan 18, 2005
Minnesota
Hey Ezydays

Yea I noticed your sticky on the top there but it dosnt have a link in it to send me knowhere
I think what happened is I am shotting in super High res. so now just need to know how to make it small enuf to fit on the gauge:thumb: and thanks for the reply
Mike

who_dat73

Jan 18, 2005
Minnesota
ok that link worked for me but there is no link on the sticky that I can see?
but anywho I opened it with photoshop elements 5.0 and went into resize it is set at
640 wide 489 high but as far as quality or file size ant finding what I am looking for anybode else us 50 elements that can point me in the right direction??
I ant real impressed with the way that they offer help in this photoshop setup got alot of looking in the help files to do I think!
thanks
Mike