How many actully run there trains?

CBCNSfan

Mar 11, 2005
NS Canada
At this time rarely, except for testing trackage or a loco itself. I guess I get my kicks out of building things for now. The layout is such a long way from being finished that I concentrate my efforts there for now. However I do look forward to the day when I'll be setting up an operational plan (schedules and such) and run the locos that I have put so many hours into building. I have many more locos and rolling stock to build ( K-bash)but I expect to do that at a more leisurely pace when not running trains.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Years ago I started what was called the RLK&T layout. After about six months I realized I hated it and began dismantling it. One part I left was the mountain tunnel with the waterfall. I figured I could incorporate it into the new design. In meantime I began working on the Water Tower Diorama and the Passenger Station Diorama. I hooked the Water Tower Diorama into the temporary oval but that involved jerry rigging some inclines out of scrap foam. Some trains like it other didn’t.

Two nights I decided that I would raise the level of the some foam board that I had. I finally took the mountain down as it had become a hindrance to doing anything worthwhile. The kids and I laid foam board and track. We hooked in the Water Tower Diorama and the Passenger Station Diorama and the rains are running on the RK&M. This is also a temporary set-up until I figure out how to incorporate it into a permanent arrangement. But from now on trains will be running.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I run trains at least once a week but I have to admit that I like building more than running. That being said after 15 years with no real layout to run my trains on this past fall I built the bechwork in a weekend and laind the track for the mainline in two days, just so I could finally run a train!

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
I Have all 5 of my yard tracks full of ready made up trains. Two passanger, (One Shasta Dalight
and one with heavy's with a northern steam.) and I run at least one of them every day on both main lines. As soon as I start one up my little 3 pound dog runs up to me to be picked
up so she can watch the trains run.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Trains are not running right now on the Canyon States RR. When we moved last year, we had to put all the LPB's on layoff status. this broke our hearts:cry:, but I think most of them either found work on other lines, a few started up their own businesses and the rest retired.:eek::rolleyes: There's a bunch of them laying around in a drawer, but they just don't have the will to work anymore.:p:p

The benchwork that got busted-up durning the move has been replaced, both bridges on the line have been repaired or replaced and the tracks have all been cleaned and tested. The local church and schoolhouse also was heavily damaged during the move and required immediate attention.:cool:

We are now in the process of hiring LPB's for all positions, and probably will have a lenghty training period before we can get recertified to carry either freight or passengers. In the meantime, I will continue to build new industries and finish the town of Santa Maria before trains will run once again.:sleeping::sleeping:

cabdriver

Jan 23, 2005
We run trains almost every day. :D Even though we have so much to do on our layout, it is really important to see how the train looks moving through the layout. We're running DCC, so another reason for running the train every day is to make sure that we haven't messed anything up with our scenery work -- clogging up rails with spray glue, brush work up on the rail, etc. :eek: I have to say that after a day of working on scenery, which we love to do, it is really run to see the train work its way past our efforts. :wave: Makes it all the more real and helps us work on the next scenery area. I agree with Cidchase -- I love to see the headlights at night running through the scenery we just made. :wave: Creating our own world is awesome. :cool: :cool: :cool:

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Yes I run trains every oppertunity I get, ;) ;) and then I make some more time to just run trains.:D I am trying my hand at scratch building a workshop, and when the wood, styreane wont cooperate:curse: :curse: I run my trains.... its better than screemin at the missus(she hits),:D the walls, or what ever else is around at the time...have a good one steve:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: