HO windows for scratchbuilding

galt904

Jan 17, 2005
Beachville ON
I am planning to build an HO scale model of my house to place on my (still in the planning stages) layout. I am planning to build the house using wood board & batten siding. If I take a Pikestuff window from one of their kits and turn it sideways, than the height is right, but the window would be way too wide. Would it be fairly easy to modify these windows to get the right width, or will that end up too messy? I suppose I can always practice on one to see if it will work or not.

To get to my real question, what different companies sell windows for scratchbuilding?

galt904

Jan 17, 2005
Beachville ON
Does Grandt Line have an online catalogue at all?

Edit: OK, I found their website. The closest window to what I need is the #5032, except I don't need all the panes, just the double hung frame. Are the panes easy to remove, or are they too fragile?

F

Fred_M

galt904 said:
Does Grandt Line have an online catalogue at all?

Edit: OK, I found their website. The closest window to what I need is the #5032, except I don't need all the panes, just the double hung frame. Are the panes easy to remove, or are they too fragile?
No, they can be taken out with flush cut nippers. Fred

CalFlash

Oct 31, 2004
central Florida
Save those mullions you take out in modifying the windows! I just got done using some I scavanged from a Grandt Line window to add to a lazer kit's windows and door to change the appearence. Takes careful cutting but doeable.