hi, and can you point me to the advice section please?!

kerberos

Sep 27, 2010
Hello everyone (by everyone i mean anyone who reads this, so if that is you, Hi)
started this hobby many many years ago and like most things "Life" got in the way (for "Life", read wife and children(not that i would have it any other way my wife said).

Recently built some Wipeout models by Jan over at Aliens which gave me the bug again and have just finished Sheiles Trebuchet for a school project for the Wife, ill post some pics in a post soon. I am about to start the starcraft cannon from Jans site, parts and instructions all printed out and sitting there giggiling to its self with comments of "running before you can walk" and "ill give him till Wednesday before were put "safely" to one side"

i am happily married (most of the time) with 2 children who give me plenty of reasons to indulge in things that would raise more than an eyebrow if i was single and living on my own.

i am from Liverpool UK.

Now, can anyone point me to a tuturial about cutting circles and holes please?!

Kerberos

knife

Jun 23, 2007
For small holes I use a leather punch, or a small brass tube with the end sharpened to a nice cutting edge. Don't forget the "search" feature of the forum for specific questions. And, welcome!

silveroxide

Aug 22, 2007
Fayetteville NC
There are many tools out there. I make my own hole cutters out of different diameter metal tubes and sharpen the cutting edge with my dremel. A very useful tool is the curved scissor which can also help you cut large diameters as well. Check the forums and in the build threads, you may catch a glimpse of tools used by other modelers. Enjoy and see you around the forums.