Help!

Hoghead

Jul 10, 2002
Eastern US
Visit site
It has been quite awhile since I built a layout. I am looking to build an N-scale 3x7 with Kato Unitrack. I have looked over the Kato website and none of their track plans tickle my fancy. The Scenic Ridge track plan I doo sort of like, but I don't want to do the actual Scenic Ridge kit. I was thinking of substituting the bridges with diamonds and add a few industrial sidings. and maybe a tunnel.

Does anyone know of any websites other than Kato that has Unitrack layout tracks plans?

In case you are wondering
I did join this website awhile back but spent much of the time just lurking about until I finally decided to try my hand at building a layout again.

I do has some older N-scale stuff and I have purchased some newer equipment and the layout theme I want to do is basically the Eastern USA. I have NYC (My Grandfathers employer) and CSX (My employer) equipment. So the layout will flucuate between the two time periods.

Thanks in advance
The Hog

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi Hoghead!
I'm kinda partial to flex track myself, but if I were going to work with the unitrack, I'd look through some track-planning books, & find some arrangement I liked the looks of...then, I'd just try to work the unitrack into something like what I was after...

Hoghead

Jul 10, 2002
Eastern US
Visit site
re:Charlie

Thats why I am thinking of the Scenic Ridge track plan. The main reason I will using Unitrack is the power routing switches.
Considering I am not Joe Electrician this will cut down with the wiring and using insulated joiners etc.

The only problem I see is the Kato uses the metric system for it's track and I am from the Old School that used the English system!

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Hoghead: have a look at Thortrains site. (he's posted links all around here) He draws trackplans the way some guys smoke.
Watch out for changing bridges to flat crossings -- the locations may not work with your sectional track.

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
well here is a small cool layout needs a little changes but not many it would work for unitrack if you did a few smallthings diffrent

Attachments

• n2x4a2.gif
    n2x4a2.gif
    19.5 KB · Views: 233

Hoghead

Jul 10, 2002
Eastern US
Visit site
Actually I was thinking more of a twice around type layout. I would like to use the middle of the layout for trackage. Basically I want a longer run......but Trainmasta......I do like the image you posted because it incorporates a diamond.