Help with Riva AC-11 resto?

curmudgeon

Nov 25, 2004
mid-TN, USA
Hi all -

I have a Rivarossi SP AC-11 Cab-forward, missing the pilot deck & some of it's substructure, and a molded boiler fitting is broken off (I think).

Is there anyone with a complete one who is willing to email pix/sketches/descriptions of the parts I need to rebuild?

Missing air pumps, piping, etc., are no prob - can copy from other side - but haven't found any pix with enuff detail to see these parts in particular.

TIA & Merry Christmas to all. :D

regards,

Attachments

• SP 1.jpg
    SP 1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 26
  • SP 2.jpg
    SP 2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 26
  • SP 3.jpg
    SP 3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 26

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I see no one has stepped up to help you yet. I'm not sure what the missing fitting is, but if you can figure out what is missing, you can probably get a new detail part from Cal Scale, Precision Scale, or one of the other detail parts suppliers. As far as the pilot, you may hve to scratch build a replacement pilot deck. If you don't have it, get a copy of Kalmbach's Locomotive Cyclopedia Vol. 1 on steam engines. They have a multiple page spread on the S.P. cab forwards with pics and drawings that should help you to scratch build something.

curmudgeon

Nov 25, 2004
mid-TN, USA
Thanks, Russ - :thumb:

From pix I've seen, think the missing fitting is a dual whistle, mebbe.

Figgered on scratching the deck all along, so tnx for the Kalmbach tip!:)

regards,

1shado1

Aug 13, 2005
Yup, it's a whistle. I'm missing the one on my AC-11 also.
I see you're also missing the stack splitter (a smoke deflector) from above the stacks, and a cover (feedwater heater?) just behind the stacks. Also both the pumps from the smokebox front. Good luck with your restoration.
biggrin.gif
Gotta love those Cab-Forwards (wish I could afford the one BLI makes)! Here is a link to some photos of many of the Espee's cab-forwards. Don't know if they will be of any help though.

http://www.northeast.railfan.net/steam24.html

Jeff

curmudgeon

Nov 25, 2004
mid-TN, USA
Thanks Jeff -

Helps to be sure what that was.

Oddly, mine came w/a brass feedwater cover.

Your link & the SP Cab-Forward link at the top of that page gave me answers to my other questions.

regards,