help with idea?

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by hiscopilot, Jan 15, 2007.

1. hiscopilot

hiscopilot Member

My son's favorite Thomas story is the one with the jet engine. He wants to reenact it when we build our island of sodor. Where do you suggest I get an item like a jet engine? SHould I rob a plastic model airplane of one? And what kind of car should I put it on? Just a flat bed?

Any other ideas?
  2. YmeBP

YmeBP Member

You are never going to believe this but i JUST bought my sone the thomas the tank engine w/ a motorized jet engine. The jet part of it is a diecast metal shell that can easily be put on an ho scale train.

http://www.tystoybox.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&siId=1727742&catParentID=22523&scId=22523&ctl_nbr=2200

I bought my son's at mitchells trains in delaware
  3. hiscopilot

hiscopilot Member

oh yeah, we have that one... I wonder if he would like me to take it off and put it on his model. Funny part is I know my husband won't let me. Maybe I will get another just for that purpose... hmmmm
    Thanks!
  4. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

A 1:72 airplane model should be able to supply some useful parts...! ;) They will be slightly oversized, strictly speaking, but I am not one for rivet counting... :D

Sounds great!

Andrew
  5. hiscopilot

hiscopilot Member

THANKS I will look to see if I have any rotting away in my garage :)
  6. CCT70

CCT70 Member

Even if you don't, you should be able to find a cheap one, maybe even one missing parts, off of e-bay dirt cheap.
  7. hiscopilot

hiscopilot Member

yes, and hobby lobby has a zillion on clearance right now for 5 or so dollars... :)