Hello, I am the new kid in town

mad_mike

Sep 9, 2013
Hi to all, my name is Miguel but many people call me Mike and I am from Mexico, I am an electronic engineer, 39 years old. My hobby is model making, i started with resin kits, anime figures and lately scratch build models, my favorite are spaceships mainly from star wars but I'm also experimenting with real life aircraft models. the scale i prefer to work with is 1/18, its a bit bigger than most of the commercial models and is hard to get all the details right because the size, but since I also collect action figures, the models looks just great with some figures around.

I found the Zealot Hobby Forum by accident, as everybody knows now, there is an upcoming robocop remake, and i was searching for an ED-209 paper model, just for pure nostalgia, while i was searching i found pictures of the amazing eva pod from 2001 and the Viper MK2 from BSG both from UHU02 awesome models. I must say that his work is pure art and perfection and I am deeply grateful for have the opportunity to see and try to build these wonderful models. (yeah i found the secret library and the access code :mrgreen: ).

Thank you very much for the chance to be part of this great community, i hope i can learn many thing from you guys and sorry for my English, I'm a bit rusty in my language skills.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello Mike, and welcome to the forum. I am glad to hear that you found us.
We have many members from all over the World. Many of which have varying degrees in English skills, so there is no need to worry. Form what I see, your English is fine.
We (also) have many members who are GREATLY into SCI-FI as a whole (ME INCLUDED). So if you have any questions about the subject, please feel free to ask and I am quite certain that someone here will have the answer.

As for ED-209; you can find the model here:
http://paper-replika.com/
(there are three parts to this HUGE model. Just look through the site and you can find them.)

and here:
http://www.papercraftmuseum.com/ed-209/
(This one is not quite as big.)

If you have any models that you have already built, please post photos of them. Everyone loves to see photos.

Once again, welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy yourself here.

I look forward to seeing your work.

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Feb 29, 2012
Netherlands
Hallo Mike, :welcome1: to ZEALOT !!!!!!

I am sure that you will find most everything here that you could wish.
The community here is VERY supportive and encouraging.
If there is anything you wish to know, you will find the answers within the forum. If you cannot find what you are looking for, JUST ASK!! We will ALL be glad to help.

Please read the Forum Rules and Policies, as the moderators and admins enforce these rules firmly. The rules are here to protect YOU and every one of the members here. This ensures that the forum remains a FUN place to be!!
And that is the most important part of this: HAVING FUN!!!!!!!

So, Mike, once more: Welcome to ZEALOT. We are looking forward to seeing some of your builds. Please post as many photos as you wish! We LOVE photos.... :mrgreen::mrgreen:

See you around the forum

Dan

:wave:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Welcome to zealot! I'm sure you have found the right place to be. Have fun and enjoy! :thumb:

Rogerio Silva

Nov 9, 2012
Rio de Janeiro - BRAZIL !!!
Hola, Miguel = Hello, Mike!

Your English is fine for me, I can understand you perfectly. WELCOME!!! I've been to Mexico, and boy, what a warm reception and friendly people you have there... I miss your country pretty much...
Well, since you like large scale modeling I suggest you take a look at DNALOR's threads, his works are amazing! Of course, there are many people here that work in large scales, but IMHO, his works are sort of a refference in that peculiar case.
As Revell-Fan wrote, this is THE right place for hobbies, and is SPECIAL because WE (INCLUDING YOU) make it so.
Welcome!!!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Your English is as good as the rest of these fine "Gringos" here, better than some! I speak Spanish *(soy unos de los Boriqinqueños aqui), a wee bit of German. Welcome to Zealot, it's nice having someome with such a technical background join in. :)

*(I'm one of the Borinqueños here)

SonicJordan

Oct 31, 2011
Welcome aboard, kid. I am a finest paper model builder myself. You must be the new kid in the site.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Welcome aboard, kid. I am a finest paper model builder myself. You must be the new kid in the site.

That has to be one of the weirdest posts I have ever read. It will probably be deleted but it is such a good example of how not to post, it deserves 24 hrs, for educational purposes. :eek: