Hello from NJ

evandepol

Jul 5, 2012
Hello everybody.

Just joined today after recently rekindling my fondness of scale modelling (Dutch military aviation as a topic, mostly 1/72nd scale kits, some scratch built).

It used to be my main hobby, but I stopped doing that 25 years ago - school, college, work, life all got in the way. Recently I found an unpacked box that turned out to contain some of my old models that I thought were lost. Not only did I amaze myself that I once managed to built these, but apparently I suitable impressed my 9 year old daughter and 11 year old son, and now my 9 year old daughter has two models in the works, and I am of course more than happy to help her :).

This time I'm trying to stay away from the hyper detailing that I used to get sucked into. So far it's been tons of fun just to help my kids a bit building the model from the box and help them with the research.

I may also try my hand at card modeling, looks like there's a lot of interesting and unusual model out there.

Keep those sharp knives pointed away from you! :)

Erik

silveroxide

Aug 22, 2007
Fayetteville NC
Welcome back to paper modeling. I and many others here would like to see some photos of those models you did way back then. It is great that your kids also enjoy the paper modeling hobby. While you are it, also get them involved in the forum as well. We as a community can also be of assistance and help them build better models through advice. Enjoy and see you around the forums.