Hello everyone, need some ideas please!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by trainsteve2435, Jun 15, 2007.

1. trainsteve2435

trainsteve2435 Member

Hello everyone, its been a while since i posted here, but as some of you will remember, i lost my job this past February and still havent been able to find one that pays what i was makeing before. So with that said, my wife and me have decided to let our big house go and find a smaller apartment due to lack of income. Right now i have a layout that takes up my 22' x 24' garage. Im going to rent a big storage building to store my layout in, but i need some ideas on a nice simple, yet operable module type layout that will fit into an approximetly 2' wide by 8' long shelf. I dont want to give up my railroading, so i need to find something that will fit on a wall and out of the way. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!
    steve:confused:
  2. CRed

CRed Member

Well if your doing HO scale you'll probably be relegated to a yard and doing switching operations and such.If you switch to N scale you'd be able to do a lot more with that space of course.

Chris
  3. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Steve...Sorry to hear things aren't working out for you. Keep pluggin' away, something will come up. As to your need for something small, someone posted this here a while back. Take a look..It's got literally hundreds of good ideas...
    Mike's Small Trackplans Page

Good luck..!!
  4. zachary

zachary Member

trainsteve ill try and come up yith something in the next couple of days zachary
  5. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

6. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

On a 2' x 8' shelf you could take a timesaver and stretch it to make the sidings hold a more reasonable train length. Do some scenery and structures and you would have a fun switching layout.