100_0585.jpg

100_0586.jpg

100_0587.jpg

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Ok, I FINALY have some pics up

And all thanks to Tom on this one. I know they're somewhat crappy, but I only learned how to use the camera the same day. Here are what the pics are:

1. the front of my workhorse, theF3 CNW 4056
2.the side of the F3 CNW 4056
3. Really bad pic of the 4056's rear:eek:ops:
4. Side of my favorite car, a popsicle 50'wood rebuilt reefer:thumb:
5.The front of my cabose (with a shot of my freight station)
6the rear of the caboose
7.one shot of the Riverside Station (atlas pre-built Maywood Station, labeled and weathered by my dad and me)

Please comment!:D

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
If I may make *one* suggestion, try shining a desk lamp or something that gives off a good source of light aimed towards the models to make the photos better. I know I am not one to talk since my photos suck, but the new camera is still on order. It seems the new Canon XTi's are a hot item lately! At any rate, use the flash as well, and with enough light, future photos will be even better.

And don't forget to keep us updated on future progress.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
I like your ideas

CCT70 said:
If I may make *one* suggestion, try shining a desk lamp or something that gives off a good source of light aimed towards the models to make the photos better. I know I am not one to talk since my photos suck, but the new camera is still on order. It seems the new Canon XTi's are a hot item lately! At any rate, use the flash as well, and with enough light, future photos will be even better.

And don't forget to keep us updated on future progress.

Good Idea on the desk lamp, when i got a new desk, I didn't need my old lamp, so i could set that up ( the lamp however is pretty dang bright and can get hot enough to melt plastic on the bulb's surface) As for the camera, it's a kodak easyshare model DX4330 and is my mom's so it's what i'm stuck with. I'll get better though, with practice. As for future updates, you bet!:thumb: Next series of pics: my buildings, ME, and the trouble car!

LongIslandTom

Apr 8, 2006
Long Island, NY
CNWman said:
3. Really bad pic of the 4056's rear:eek:ops:

LOL, actually that was the only decent photo of your loco (the only one that wasn't out-of-focus and fuzzy). :D

Anyway, a tip.. Either take the photo at a longer distance so it's not so out of focus, or make sure to enable Macro Zoom for closeups. You can also use an image processing software package called Helicon Focus, but I haven't tried that so I don't know how it works (but the results sure look stunning).

Hope this helps!

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Well, I can try but....

I really can't take pics from father away because the 4X8 is in the middle of a rather cramped area so that all 4 sides are accesable, leaving about only 2 feet of space of ideal pic takking spots. On a different subject, you can see that only the table is completley done because of huge track gaps and the almost toatal lack of groundsign1

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
It's kinda complicated

wickman said:
Hi cnwman and welcome to the guage . Have you got any direction as per a track plan or are you just kinda workin your way around ?:wave:

Well, my dad and I did have a track plan, but at that time we only had 2 buildings (a customized snack bar & a freight depot repainted) so when we laid out the track, we didn't know if we could fit all the planed buildings in, so we decide to do an unorthadox aproach. We are gonna build all the major buildings first and see how they fit. then we will see if we can do what we planned or will have to redesign it. I like putting stuff together so I'm fine with it. i'll try to get a copy of our current plan up on The-Gauge:thumb:

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Sure. I have to go take my little niece to the hospital to see her new sister and have to then go grocery shopping, so I'll be in and out all day, but send them over and I'll post them as I get time this afternoon.

Chrisdapos

Dec 29, 2006
Hey CNWman, looks like you are off to a sweet start. I like the F3 unit, do you have a B unit to go with it? Looking forward to seeing some track plans and future work! :) :)

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Pic set#2

1.my next building
2.Kay's side 1 (the blank will have "Kay's" painted on it)
3. Kay's side 2
4pic of younger me
5 the base of the Kays sign
6 the Kay's sign (handpainted by my dad)
7. Our woodworking bench (half-buried)
8. the underside of our table
9. the only flaw in out plan
10. the left side
11. the right side
12. Why some of the pics suck
13. the rail side of the depot
14. the road side of the depot
15. the back of the station
16. the lugage side of the station
17.18. My CNW covered hopper
19. my derailment-prone tank car