Haunted Dimensions models

Discussion in 'Dioramas & Displays' started by ASC Mclaren, Jul 23, 2012.

1. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Hiya, it's been awhile since I've been building, I had some health issues pop up. I'm doing better and decided to get back into the swing of things with a quick build or two. I resized Ray Keim's "Fred" tombstone, available at Haunted Dimensions, closer to 1:18 (By my best reckoning). I layered the top of the tombstone with two plies of #110.

Attached Files:

2. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

More pics:

Attached Files:

3. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Then I decided to try the Phantom Manor Pillar. I printed it at 100%, as this is close to 1:18 (kinda an hobby OCD). I decided to add some depth to the bricks, see below. I am also building this with the plan to inclose a flickering tea light. This is still work in progress. I will be returning to my 1:18 Thunderfighter soon....

Attached Files:

4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

The texture is so good on that, it looks like stone in the photos of it. Good job. :)
  5. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Well, I modified a flicker LED Tea light, with some really novice soldering. Then I threaded the LED through the model, stuffed the board in, and then left the wires to the on/off switch and batteries out the bottom. I layered the plaque, just cause. The LED flickers nicely.

Attached Files:

6. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator Moderator

I am glad to hear that you are doing better (health wise).

These little quick builds look FANTASTIC.
    Not only would these look good in a Halloween diorama, but if you wanted to reconstruct the scene from the BRTC25 pilot where Buck, Twiki, and Theo were walking through Old Chicago, these would fit right in.

I am looking forward to seeing how you finish off your Thunder Fighter.
  7. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I can think of many uses for this, great job! :)
  8. Mr Marbles

Mr Marbles New Member

Adding a flickering light to this model is a nice touch. So far, I've only build two of Ray's models, (Bates house and Amityville house) but hope to build them all as I get time.
  9. Zathros

Zathros Guest

This model is really awesome. It is amazing how some of the simpler subjects are so enticing! :)
  10. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

So, I built Leota's headstone, resized to about 1:18 (duh), copied someone else's idea and illuminated her eyes. I am currently working on the control panel.

Attached Files:

11. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Oh, did I mention that it is a three color LED? Kinda like a mood haunting :)

Attached Files:

12. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Would it be possible for you to draw a schematic, even a hand drawn one would be nice? People sometimes aren't electronics savvy and really appreciate this kind of stuff. :)
  13. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

I'll try. I just spent 45 minutes trouble shooting the control panel, starting with continuity. :( I'll see what I can whip up for the group...
  14. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator Moderator

That is GREAT!!!
    Keep this up and you will have the grave yard that Buck and Twiki walked through in the pilot. :p
  15. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Thank You. I used to be an electronic Technician. It stinks when something doesn't work, it's usually something over looked, like a diode the wrong way, or a transistor being PnP instead of NpN. On T.V.'s, it was always a cold solder. :)

16. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Here is my attempt at a wiring diagram. It sucks. I used a 6 position rotary switch, a three color LED (Red, Green, Blue) and a CR 2032 battery and holder. I mounted the holder to a circuit board. Using standoffs, I mounted these to an acrylic board at sourced from TAP plastics. I got all of the electronic components at Radio Shack. The fiber optic are from TAP plastics (32 strand cable, about $1.50 a foot). I'll get some pics of the finished contraption soon. But for now I have to start the horse drawn Hearse, rescaled to 1:18.

Attached Files: