Harry Potter Hogwarts Wizard Castle paper model - Resurrected!

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Revell-Fan, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator Moderator

Thank the Maker! The Internet Archive can be an astounding resource of all kind of files. While surfing through the forum I found an ancient model alert regarding a free version of Harry Potter's Hogwarts Castle. Unfortunately, the link was screwed and the many Google searches I ran only brought up some pictures but nothing more. The model seemed to be lost.

Today I tried searching the Wayback machine - and guess what I found: The original homepage and all pages intact!

Well, while I was looking at the model history the Wayback machine created a message that the site was still availale on the web today. I got curious and went to investigate. And guess what happened: The website was still there and with it all model files! HUGE SCORE. :)

Now I was curious to know why the model was not found any longer by any search engine. The explanation was quite simple, actually: The creator had renamed it in order to avoid copyright issues with Warner Bros. He simply calls it "Wizard Castle" now - which was the reason why you couldn't find anything when you were looking for "Harry Potter Castle" or "Hogwarts"!

hogwarts_hogsmeade_008.jpg

hogwarts_hogsmeade_009.jpg

hogwarts_hogsmeade_022.jpg

This is such a gorgeous design and I highly recommend saving the files to your archive to preserve this model.

http://wiltshirecounty.npage.de/willkommen-welcome.html

http://wiltshirecounty.npage.de/wizard-castle-free-download.html

You'll have to right-click and save the links to get the parts sheets and instructions. There are many pictures on the build and a compressed ZIP file available.

It will look great in a model railroad arrangement, too!

Have fun and enjoy! :)
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Tonino and ASC Mclaren like this.
  2. Revell-Fan

3. Revell-Fan

Did a quick check of the SU model: Gorgeous. Little intersections which can be removed easily. Nice curves with efficient poly-count (not too many, not too less). Awesome texture. Should be a good replacement for the mentioned Schreiber Bogen. :)
  4. paper hollywood

paper hollywood Member

Fantastic finds, guys! It saddened me greatly when my link to that great model disappeared. Thanks to your brilliant sleuthing, Revell-Fan, I'll be putting it back on my Paper Hollywood page.
    Revell-Fan likes this.
  5. Revell-Fan

You are welcome! (You can't imagine how long I had been looking for this one, and then, all of a sudden, it was there again!) :)
  6. Cybergrinder

Cybergrinder Member Extraordinaire

Looks amazing! Do we know what scale it's in? (for railway purposes :) OO, etc.)
  7. Revell-Fan

It is 1/160 scale, so it is an N gauge. :)
  8. Cybergrinder

Cybergrinder Member Extraordinaire

drat. I have a load of OO gauge stuff. Don't suppose anyone can tell me to what degree I need to scale up for OO gauge?
  9. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

OO scale of 1:76 to N scale of 1:160 would be a 210.5% increase so you would print the 1:160 scale model at 210.5% to get the 1:76 scale model.