Han Solo's Sabacc Dice

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I have a good feeling about this. Seriously! ;)

After seeing "SOLO: A Star Wars Story" at the theatres I felt the urgent need to have a pair of Sabacc dice like the ones Han gives to Qi'Ra. A quick search for references brought me to therpf where the honourable member zapwizard had created a dice from the movie for 3D printing. Moreover, he provided the *.stl file for free under the Creative Commons 3.0 license which allowed me to turn his model into a free paper model for me and the fans. :)

I downloaded the *.stl file, converted it into a *.3ds file using 3D Exploration, imported the file in SketchUp and tweaked it a bit to get it ready for unfolding.

The single faces were exported as *.svg files, loaded in CorelDRAW and equipped with a gold texture in Gimp.

The first test build was very quick - and successful, as you can see:

DSCF2932a.JPG

DSCF2934a.JPG

DSCF2935a.JPG

DSCF2936a.JPG

Due to the small size (1.6 cm) I didn't dare to recess the patterned faces but to assemble the simple version. Don't worry, the finished plans will contain a difficult version with cutouts for the crazy fans ( @Rhaven Blaack : ;) :D ).

All you need now is a golden chain of about 20 cm length to connect the dice and hang them over your dashboard.

Have fun and enjoy! :)