Hairy Spotter - or Why there's been no progress on the Talon

Discussion in 'RESIN' started by ARMORMAN, Nov 24, 2018.

1. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE

OK, Here's the story:

I have a friend that collects Snoopy & Harry Potter memorabilia and also collects Peanuts Hallmark Ornaments. He's so into the ornaments that he wrote a book about collecting the ornaments that he sells at Snoopy and Hallmark conventions. So I decided to snipe him....

It took 3 months of work, concepting, designing, and execution to put this thing together. I had to design the figure, logo, package art and make it mimic the look of Charles Schultz, and Hallmark...

I created a fake Hallmark ornament combining Snoopy and Harry Potter....I give you: Hairy Spotter and the Philosopher's Bone Christmas Ornament (and I can't get any of the companies that specialize in this kind of thing to talk to me):

(This is one is currently on eBay, the first one was already delivered to him.)

Attached Files:

2. Cybergrinder

Cybergrinder Member Extraordinaire

Great! and as someone who doesn't like Potter I love the parody! :) :lolsign:

Brilliant model as well!
  3. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

Can't stand Potter, but Snoopy is the bomb!! You should try making a combo "Snoop Doggy Dog", and "Snoopy", that really would be the bomb!! Word up! The pic below would make a great theme, just switch out the heads (keep the hair and "G0-T", and contort the body. :)

Snoop Doggg.jpg
  4. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator Moderator

This is hilarious! Awesome work, Armorman! :)

I agree with @zathros , the Snoopie / Snoop combination literally screams for a mashup.

However, be careful with selling these articles if you don't have a license for it. I appreciate your art and the idea but Hallmark, Warner and the Schultz estate may not like this being offered for sale.
    Cybergrinder likes this.
  5. ARMORMAN

Parody is covered under first amendment...and I'm not planning on more than 10....we'll see...
    zathros likes this.
  6. Cybergrinder

Maybe the guys who were working on Adnexar can try this angle? ;)
  7. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

If anyone could pull this off, you 're the one! :)
    ARMORMAN likes this.
  8. ARMORMAN

Axanar is not a parody (though it is much better than anything CBS or Paramount has created in recent years).

I don't use Hallmark, HP, or Snoopy in any of the packaging/ebay descriptions and don't use any character names.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292822788873
    zathros and Cybergrinder like this.
  9. Cybergrinder

Always a good idea,what I meant to say was if Axanar was "re-worked"as a parody CBS couldn't touch them :)