Greetings from Galador!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by pulsar, Jul 10, 2010.

1. pulsar

pulsar New Member

I'm new here and just getting into paper and 3D modeling, so just starting out with something simple to get the ball rolling... I bring you the head of ROM!!! :twisted:

[​IMG]
  2. jmich17513

jmich17513 Member

ROM Spaceknight! As the years have gone by I never forgot ROM. That's a pretty good version. That's the comic-book head. I can tell because it was more streamlined than the actual toy. Have you worked on the torso yet?
  3. pulsar

pulsar New Member

Thanks jmich, yeah that is indeed the comic version (which is a way better design than the toy, IMHO). I do plan on modeling the torso, boots and a few of his weapons, but I just don't know when I'll get around to it... I still have a lot to learn. LOL
  4. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

I haven't thought about that comic book for years, that brings back some memories! :mrgreen:
  5. jmich17513

jmich17513 Member

6. pulsar

pulsar New Member

Wow jmich, you must be psychic because I decided to take a stab at modeling the armor last night... and guess who's artwork I was using for reference! :mrgreen:

Even though my ROM won't be an exact replica of Golden's design, it will definitely be similar. I'm kind of taking a hybrid approach to the armor (i.e. using the best elements of all the comic designs)... so with any luck, it'll look at least half way decent.

In fact, I'm even thinking of re-modeling the helmet to give it that Golden flavor, but we'll see how that goes. LOL
  7. jmich17513

jmich17513 Member

Can his comic art be scanned into a program and be turned into an automatic paper model?
  8. pulsar

pulsar New Member

LOL, if only... :(
  9. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

That would be nice I would have several thousand ideas to scan into the computer to build!!!