Greenway Products

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Has anyone done business with Greenway Products, Ligonier, PA that you can speak to the quality, etc. of their products?
I'm especially interested in some box cars and passenger cars.

I checked out their website and the rolling stock looks great and especially I think for the price, although I can't tell whether they are r-t-r or in kit form. I've got enough kits around here that is will take me to about 2007 to get them all put together. I see what I want, like the price so buy:D

This Greenway has the beer car I've been looking for (Robin Hood Beer), but I don't want to buy just one and have to pay almost as much for the shipping as the car:rolleyes:

Would like some input from others who may have experience with their products.

Peace

Bob

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
29 of you have peeked at my posting about Greenway Products and no one has left me one comment. May I assume you have not done business with them then?

I guess I'll go ahead a buy a couple of other cars too and see what I have to show for it.

Bob

bpate

Mar 14, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Hi Bob,

Where you happy with your pruchase from Greenway back in 2002? I am thinking of buying a Stewart FT Erie unit from them. Having never owned a Stewart model, what do you think of them also?

Regards

Barry
Melbourne, Australia

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Barry;

I am quite happy with what I got for the money. Bought the "beer car" (was actually a flour car from Omaha) I wanted and a set of 4 heavyweight passenger cars. All are quality as far as I'm concerned.

The folks were easy to deal with, things were carefully packed for shipment, etc.

Enjoyed your picture on the Yarra!

Bob

bpate

Mar 14, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Hello Bob,

It's Hogwart's Express actually. I have to thank my young daughter for asking for a Hogwart's Express train set for last Christmas. That's what started it all for us. Dad has really enjoyed it all since then! I even let the kids have a go occasionally. :)

The post of all the forum members photos is great. I recognised you from all the 'wanted' posters around town since your visit here!

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Melbourne was a great place to visit. One of the most interesting places was the Immigration Museum, a short walk from the Visitors Centre. Also, one of the most fun places was the Queen Victoria Market. I especially enjoyed going into the building housing the meat market. I don't believe there is anywhere in the USA where you would see meat being hawked let your were attensding a carnival:D

There was also a museum right over in that general area, and the name escapes me right now, that had a wonderful aboriginal display in it.

I'll make it back to OZ someday sooner rather than later and it will be a really difficult choice where to visit next time. The only place I think I can say for certain we will go back to is the Great Barrier Reef. Unbelievable. And I'll go back prepared to dive rather than snorkel.

So, "Good on ya mate."

Bob

B

BillB

Stewart locos are very nice - not quite on par with Atlas Master or Kato (but then again, nothing is!), but better runners than P2K with maybe P2K or Atlas Classic level of detail, depending on the exact model. Some have a very amber light, though, that distracts IMHO. Wish they would go to the new golden-white LEDs that the newest Kato and Atlas Masters have. No more blue or amber headlights with those!

BTW, I have a couple of their F7As, one F7B, and two U25Bs, all in Rock Island schemes.

You should be happy with any Stewart you buy.

And they stand behind their products if you ever have a problem.

Have fun!

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Bob,
Greenway has been at Trainfest, in Milwaukee, so I've been able to check out their products up close, and personal. There's a lot of things I'd like to get but they're not in the budget, otherwise I'd have them.
I hesitate to recommend, not because of quality issues, but because I always look at things with the intent of using them for "something else". It's the kitbasher.
What I've seen at Greenway has always been reasonable quality, at a fair price. In that light, I'd recommend them.
On the subject of Stewart, I have a Stewart FT A,B. The A unit is powered,not the B. The set runs perfectly with the Athearn Genesis F. All are smooth, quiet, and were easy to kitbash.
Pete

bpate

Mar 14, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Hello Bob, Gary and everyone,

I received the Stewart FT model from Greenway Products very promptly. Greenway only charged me the standard US shipping fee, even though it cost them a lot more than that to get it to my address in Australia. Very nice of them. They were very pleasant to deal with when I called. I will buy from them again.

The Stewart model is excellent. I have resprayed it in VicRail blue/yellow colours (similar style to Erie scheme). The way Stewart pack the unit makes respraying much easier as final assembly of the glazing etc can be done after the painting. My new avatar shows those colours. Fitting the decoder was easy and it runs very well indeed. Handles some deliberately rough test track better than anything else.

Nick8564

Sep 3, 2004
How where the passenger cars? What brand are they? Do they have an email address, I can't find one on the website.