graffiti

G

Gregg Mahlkov

I tried to make some with a fine point indelible pen on decal paper to use on reefers, but MicroScale's liquid decal film smeared the "idelible" ink, so abandoned the project. This was to be old time "railroad" graffiti.

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
i did around 12 cars bye my self i went to art school for 4 years and i also grew up where there was alot of garffiti around so i had to put it on my rolling stock i am getting ready to start my new layout here in the next couple of weeks and it's going to have it on trash cans and other things i even have a cop car i'm thinking on doing it to to get back at my brother in law for what he did

G

Gregg Mahlkov

Billk, I didn't want to put the graffiti directly on the cars mainly because it ain't easy to mark on scribed siding or rivets. It's also kinda difficult to rest one's hand on an N scale reefer to write very small!

And yes, the Atlas discussion is a lot livelier and more interesting! :eek: :eek:

Hi billk,
Hey, thanks for posting that link to Atlas. I have considered pointing out that there are attitudes towards the graffiti plague (or artform) other than just "modelling reality", but I thought I should just keep it to myself. It is food for thought, isn't it?? For example, just what do kids take away with them when they encounter a quality MRR?
:D :D

RI541

Feb 20, 2002
Winchester N.H.
Visit site
Billk,
I guess I got the answer I was looking for.I wanted to know how people felt about it and boy did I get an answer:) :) .

That link you posted was terrific to say the least. A lot of good views.To much arguing for my taste but good views.

I've always liked gafitti on bridges since I was little. Todays gafitti is more of an artform. now they call it tagging. I've got a picture I took of a box car where the tagger must have spent hours on his picture. It was truly remarkable.I'll have to find it and post it.

Don't get me wrong I don't like the defaceing of other peoples property any more than the next guy.