Gotha!

Bengt F

Nov 26, 2005
First Gotha WW I Bomber

Kampfflieger,

This first of the line of Gotha bombers really is a strange looking bird. It would be interesting to build it. What is the scale - is it 1:32?

Bengt :D

kampfflieger

Jan 18, 2005
Ukraine!!!
Bengt Fredén said:
Kampfflieger,

This first of the line of Gotha bombers really is a strange looking bird. It would be interesting to build it. What is the scale - is it 1:32?

Scale 1/72. I hadn't enough information to design the biggest scale. In fact model have small number of cockpit details:(

Gil

Jan 25, 2004
Northern Bear Flag Republic
Interesting Subject

Kampflieger,

Interesting subject. It must have been hard work to fly one these giants let alone trying to land it from the high up.

Also noticed that your location is Ukraine!!!

Any reason for the exclamation marks?

Best regards,

-Gil

Bengt F

Nov 26, 2005
Kampfflieger,

I see - well, I suppose this bomber model will be quite large even at 1:72 scale. There is actually a special Windsock datafile from Albatros Publications (Mr Ray Rimell) in the UK for the Gotha G.I: http://www.windsockdatafilespecials.co.uk/datafiles.html

I have a copy of it somewhere and it´s full of detailed black & white pictures and also has a 1:72 scale drawing.

Best,

C

cgutzmer

Nice, I might have to pick one up for my dad :) watching flyboys is one of the things that got me into building planes. And this was one my favorite styles of planes from the movie (dont recall if this one specifically was in there but bombers like it)
Chris

Beachead

Apr 13, 2007
N. Va, US
Oh yea! It's now offered with the vendor I use, Hobby Factory, as a digital download. I expect the files soon 'cause it's a great looking plane. Tks.

Alcides

Jul 8, 2005
Buenos Aires - Argentina
I've got my files !!! Super fast service !!! :grin:

Even in 1/72 the gotha is big, I can't imagine that plane in 1/33 :razz:

I only need another life to build all this litle gems :)

mellotronage

Mar 9, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
I've never ventured outside of ship kits~ I've ONLY built ships to date. Truthfully, it's for the want of an interesting subject- this is just what I'd consider doing!
Now, for someone that has never built an aircraft, how would you rate this in terms of difficulty?
And also, will you announce it's release here on the message boards?

Thanks!

Duh, I've just found the link and the answers! Ooops. :wink:

Art Decko

Oct 26, 2006
Shanghai, P.R.C.
$3.50? That's amazing!

Really, I think card modeling is so unusual in that you can get such nice products for pennies! Think of how long it took to create that beautiful Gotha model: research, design, test building, graphics, documentation, packaging, etc. And you can buy it for the price of a sandwich!

Bengt F

Nov 26, 2005
Gotha G.I Bomber Model 1:72

Hi Roman,

I ordered a PDF download from the Hobby Factory and I got it really fast, too. It is a wonderful model.
I am printing it now.

Thank you very much.
Best regards,
Bengt :smile: