General Store

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
Friday night and the boys come down to the general store to relax. On the outskirts of town down by the tracks they can shoot the breeze, drink a cold one and just take it easy. The pegions have roosted for the night (n-scale) the dog and cat are out as are the chickens in the yard. A little mud has been slung on the old Ford pickup, but hey it's the weekend! Old Ralph is bending over to get a nice fresh apple out of the box. Later they may go down to the scock hop. Who knows? That's just the way things go down at the old general store.
:wave:

Attachments

• generalstore.jpg
    generalstore.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 285

CN1

May 6, 2003
Awesome and neat signs:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Originally posted by jmarksbery
On the outskirts of town down by the tracks they can shoot the breeze, drink a cold one and just take it easy.

What! No Moon Pies with them sodies? Must be a Yankee establishment...;) Excellent work:thumb: :thumb:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Great scene, fantastic modeling.:thumb: :thumb:

We have a store here that didn't look too much different than that. I was always afraid to go in it in fear it might fall apart at any time.:eek: Well, I guess the county made them fix it up, new roof, new canopy and paint, and now it has lost all its charming appearence.:rolleyes:

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
About signs: I use Dry Transfers. I apply them before any weathering, after rubbing on good I use a dull point to rub into the wood (or brick) then put Micro Sol on them and leave overnight. Then very lightly sand them, some I peel a little off with a #11 blade. Then do your weathering as usual. Thats if, oh, I use whatever scale transfer I think looks good. Example the Levi sign is HO on a N Scale building. Hope this helps.
:wave:
More sign pictures on the building:

Attachments

• moresigns.jpg
    moresigns.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 183