Galloping Goose

Dave Harris

Feb 20, 2001
Las Vegas Nv.
Visit site
Now that I finally figured out how to post a pic or two, I thought i'd show you the goose I built that I had sent photos of to Shamus last year .
It is entirely scratched out of Brass , except the actual car body. That is one of National Motors Packards. The drive unit is also scratched except for the actual gears & motor.

Attachments

• mvc-008s.jpg
    mvc-008s.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 194

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
WOW!!
What a great looking machine, Dave!
Fantastic detail work!
That appears to be a really nice looking layout she's sitting on too!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Dave, Yeah friend, I remember you sending me those photo's. Simply one of the best scratchbuilt Galloping Goose I have seen to date. Excellent workmanship.
Shamus
wink.gif

Dave Harris

Feb 20, 2001
Las Vegas Nv.
Visit site
Thanks everybody. The layout that you see belongs to Linn Austin, a good friend of mine . It is The Clover Valley Rail Road, a bed room sized layout. Linn does some of the finest work I have ever seen, and is also the fastest builder I have ever known!! The little bar next to the cannery he built in an afternoon , actually built 2 , didn't like the first one !! He was in the construction trade , & builds his models much like the prototype , he is the only guy I know that paints things only AFTER they are all built!! I will put up a few shots of his layout for you.

Attachments

• mvc-016s.jpg
    mvc-016s.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 140

Ben H

Nov 22, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
That's a fanatastic Goose - really strong modeling skills needed to effect that nice of a job.

Tjhe layout is great nice scenes with top drawer track and super detailed buildings.

Thank-you for bringing them to us.

satokuma

Jul 8, 2002
Tualatin, OR
Nice, very nice and inspirational. Guess it is HO? Does anyone doe the 'Goose' in N scale...love the water scene and the lighthouse and the........Nice, very nice

Dave Harris

Feb 20, 2001
Las Vegas Nv.
Visit site
Yes it's HO . I am sure somewhere there is a Machocist who has built an N or Nn3 Goose . Thank goodness I am not that brave.

Thanks for all the nice comments, As I said its not my layout. I have none at the present other than being part of the S.N.O.B.s crew. that layout fills a 3 car garage & has been featured in M/R Craftsman a couple of times.

Dave Harris

Feb 20, 2001
Las Vegas Nv.
Visit site
If I knew how to post the link to this thread , I would have listed it in the post about the poll of model railroaders to see if perhaps I qualify as one. I can't figure out how to do that so this is the best I can do.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Dave,

To post a link, go to the address/URL, highlight (single or double click as needed) and copy (Ctrl-C) it. Go to your post (Quick or "Advanced" reply) and paste it (Ctrl-V).

That's all there is to it...

Andrew