G Scale Climax

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Hi, I finally finished the Weathering and painting of the Bachmann Climax.

I posted the Finished pics. In the interest of those interested in seeing what it looked like when I started, I am submitting the links to the "begining pics"......

FrontNew.jpg

CabRtNew.jpg

FtRtNew2.jpg

TopFtNew.jpg

Original Front View

Original Side View

Original Top View

Original Cab View

Hope you like them :) :) It's my first time weathering / painting an engine - I've done a couple cars. :) :)

I did a little extra detailing too - Like I added a Tool box, I removed the "Thread" for the bell & whistle & added brass chains. I also added a weight under the front of the boiler and detailed "Brass handrails" :D

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
Hi NGauger

I remember you saying you were working on this in the chat. But my reply got lost in the conversion. Looks really nice! you did a great job.

Hm... mabey bigger is better.:D :D

t.

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by t. alexander
Hi NGauger

I remember you saying you were working on this in the chat. But my reply got lost in the conversion. Looks really nice! you did a great job.

Hm... mabey bigger is better.:D :D

t.

Thanks!! -- I was wondering if you would remember that :) :) :)

btw - It DID take about 5 Hours! :eek:

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Yeah,
You can really do some DETAILING in G scale!:eek: :cool:
Great job on that one Mikey!
I really like the footboards, & cab interior!

pcentral

Jul 17, 2002
Central California
Visit site
Hi Mikey,
Looks good. I'm thinking about getting a B-mann shay or climax this year, probably at the Big Train Show held in Long Beach, CA. Thats sorta like the mecca of G gauge train shows and a great place to get deals.:D First I have to get busy and get this Class A climax kit from Northeast Trains built and detailed. Steve

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Drew - yeah, it's really detailed. That's why I tried this for my first detailing job.

absnut - Yeah - N is ok too - it's just not big enoughto have the details show like the larger stuff :) :)

pcentral - If you have the chioce, remember, the really neat thing about the Shay & Climax is the external workings. Y'know watchin' the gears & pistons working.

The Shay has the "Working Parts" only on the engines Right Side. If you are going to run it somewhere where most of the time it will be running from your Right to your Left - you won't see anything really moving. The climax has the pistons on both sides & is extremely detailed - down to the fire below the smokebox (3 LED's) It's awesome to watch in low light (dark room) LOL

Good Luck and Thanks to all of you !!

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by jon-monon
G - Gauger, Lookig gice! Gow that your doig G gauge are you goig to do a gew gardeg layout! Egjoyed the gice pics, G! :D :D :D Rock on baby...

That's oge way to weed out the people that were got in the chat room LOL

Go - Go gardeg layout - I dog't have egough room :( :( agd there are way too magy kids arougd here :(

Thagks!! ROFLMAO

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Mikey my friend, thats a great job of work, I want me one of those in H0 scale next Christmas please. LOL

Shamus
wink.gif