FX with DCS50 and DZ143P0

Jan 15, 2007
Seattle, Washington
FX with DCS50 and DZ123PS

Hai guyz!

Um.

Anyways, here's my issue. I have a DZ123PS decoder in my HO (lol...) Kato SD45. I am trying to make the loco's front headlight do a Mars light effect when I activate F3, which I have used my DCS50's option switch 6 to make a latched function. The cvar values on the decoder are:

CV37 (F3 remap): 001

CV53/CV113 (F3 function, FX and FX3, respectively): 034 or 066 (tried both)

Um. I can't remember if there are any others that pertain to this issue.

However, the actual issue is that the Mars effect doesn't work. I got it working on F2, but F2 isn't a latching function at all, so I tried to redo it on F3 and it failed.

I am wall1 and :curse: and hamr and even announce1 @ Digitrax but I can't figure this out.

sign1

Edit:

Someone please change the title, the decoder is DZ123PS, not DZ143P0. I don't know why it won't change...

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Spawn, cripes, i have been searching the net for the last 40mins looking for an answer, i cant find anything that would really helpwall1 , (no wonder i don't use Digitrax:eeki::119: ). anyways, best i could find was this, and I'm not sure it will really help:frowns: . Digitrax.com: DZ143 Z Scale Mobile Decoder
DZ123PS Instructions

confused on a couple things:confused: ,
this thread title has DZ143PO..., but your asking for help with a DZ123PO, i checked for both.

did you hot wire the decoder in, or was it a plug and play?

since this is not a sound decoder, if you had it working on F2 instead of F3, why didn't you leave well enough alone, and just use the lighting effect on F2?:confused:

lets hope someone thats familiar with those decoders sees this and can offer more help:winki: .

:deano: -Deano