Fun with a timesaver.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
One of the modular club members brought an ho scale timesaver module to the meeting last night for a few of us to plar with after the business meeting. It was 5' long and about 1' wide. He brought along one of the little Bachmann Spectrum 44 ton G.E.s with a few cars from the 20's to 40's vintage. Including a couple of "Gorre & Depheated" cars as tribute to John Allen. We had an opportunity to "play" with it after the business meeting. He modeled a narrow peninsula with a dock on one side, and a couple of warfs on the other side with an oil storage facility next to the run around track. It was a lot of fun, and reminded me to encourage anyone here who doesn't think they have enough room for a layout, that almost any apartment dweller should be able to find a space to put up a portable shelf five feet long and one foot wide. The top was a single sheet of Luan supported every foot or so with a 1" x 2" cross member. It was fully scenicked, and really looked great. he set it out on a folding table for operation, but it could be layed out on a dining table when the table wasn't in use, or even on a coffee table if there was room for overhang. I just wish I had my digital camera with me to get pictures.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Interestingly, I stopped at my lhs to try to pick up the August issue of Model Railroading for the story on Shamus' railroad, and since it wasn't out yet, I picked up the October issue of Model Railroader for the artical on the new project railroad "Roque Bluffs" by Lain Rice. This little switching layout is not a lot different from the timesaver layout that was brought to our model railroad club layout.