Full Steam ahead's, Farmer's Market...

RonP

Member of the WMRC
I do not know if this is the correct section of the forum. This is a kit build so I didn't think the Scratching and Bashin area was the right place. Anyways if a moderator chooses to move this somewhere else. I will find it and it and move on.

This week i received a new model craftsman kit called Farmer's Market from Full Steam Ahead. The model looks great on paper lets see if I a total craftsman kit newb can make it beautiful. If anyone has followed my work they will notice i have NO painting skills yet. So this will be a testiment to the instructions sent with the model.

Attachments

• FSA_2.JPG
    FSA_2.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 3
  • FSA_3.JPG
    FSA_3.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 5

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Wow....looks like you've got a handful there... I find this type of kit to be the most satisfying to build, although they do have their frustrating moments...wall1

Good luck with your build, and share your progress..!!:thumb:

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
Ron, if you don't have an airbrush, you should try to get one of the cheapies from Harbor Freight tools. They'll get you started airbrushing...air brushing is far easier to get excellent results (and faster) than brush painting. I use a Paasche VL airbrush...I used to us a Paasche H. You can get propellant in cans too.

RonP

Member of the WMRC
I am a little miffed about my website issues as of late. That has given me time to model some more. About the Airbrush i am getting one but i am doing this one by the brush so far i have found the instruction included with the kit have helped me allot in the painting department. BTW the site is back up with a detailed build thread of this kit. Scratchbuilders Guild

Attachments

• FSA_12.JPG
    FSA_12.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 4
  • FSA_13.JPG
    FSA_13.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 3
  • FSA_14.JPG
    FSA_14.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 4
  • FSA_15.JPG
    FSA_15.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 6

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Ron...
You should really be proud of yourself!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
You have done a wonderful job, not only on the kit, but also on the step-by-step you posted on your website. I am looking forward to seeing the completed project............keep up the inspiring work!:thumb: