Foot and 1/2 Gauge

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Does the park still run a train over this track Jon. I remenber riding on a steam train ride around a park near where we lived when I was a kid. It sure was busy every weekend

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
A spring loaded switch. That was very common on park railroads with an "out and back" configuration. The engineer did not have to stop and throw the switch after making a turn thru the reverse loop. The weight of the loco and cars would hold the points over until the train passed and then the spring would pull the points back so that the switch was set for the train when it returned from the opposite direction.

I noticed the other day that EZ HO track turnouts are spring loaded and you can run thru them even though the points are set against the direction of travel.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
I've never seen a train run there :cry: :cry: :cry: But I hear it still does :D :D :D

It appears to be light surface rust on the railhead, no pitting, I'd say the corrosion is from the winter off. The amusement park part of the park is open only in the Summer.

There is another, that I've ridden, at Indiana Beach (an ammusement park). I'm not sure if it's till steam. Used to be I think.