Floquil colors

J. Steffen

Feb 3, 2007
Hemet, SoCal
My hobby shop owner say this is rail brown and so does Floquil, but I would swear this was Olive Drab. What do you think?

IMG_0845.jpg

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
When I first saw Floquills "Rail Brown"(I used the spray can version) I was thinking...I'm weathering tracks......Not painting Army tanks.

Radar..We used to call it Olive Drab............

N

nachoman

can't help. I'm colorblind when it comes to browns and greens!

kevin

prodigy2k7

Dec 17, 2006
I see a lot of concrete ties from new tracks mostly carrier by amtrak and some freight. (within 4 years built) (white cloudy ish color) lol..

jtloconut

Nov 23, 2005
Belmont.nc.
floquil makes tie brown. You can go to walmart and the cheap paint $.99 spray cans brown , rust , gray, black . Experement with layers. Once you balast , paint your earth, It all ties together. Protect those switch points.:thumb:

J. Steffen

Feb 3, 2007
Hemet, SoCal
jtloconut said:
floquil makes tie brown. You can go to walmart and the cheap paint $.99 spray cans brown , rust , gray, black . Experement with layers. Once you balast , paint your earth, It all ties together. Protect those switch points.:thumb:

Well I was thinking about leaving it the way it is and ballasting over it just to see what it looks like.

N

nachoman

I just noticed from your picture -

be sure to paint the foam with latex paint or some other protection before spraying floquil or other laquer/spirits based paints near it. Without protection, the solvent in the paints will melt the foam - and may give off toxic fumes that are even more toxic than the paint fumes alone.

kevin